Sr Civil EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 742319BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 23, 2020
All of our engineers are encouraged to move between the two roles and work on different projects; sometimes they’re even called to assist at Disney Parks and Resorts around the globe.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, conduct, conclude, and evaluate the technical aspects of a project
- Ensure design efforts comply with codes and regulations such as SFWMD, FDEP, FDOT, EPCOT Building, Florida Accessibility
- Interface with outside vendors and with Disney leaders and co-workers
- Assist in preparing engineering proposals, specification guides and scope-of-work documentation
- Perform ongoing risk analysis and communicate findings to management
- Develop solutions to mitigate erosion within our properties or water bodies
- Perform field investigation and solutions to address utility or transportation infrastructure concerns
- Research and select systems/equipment that satisfies design parameters, all applicable codes and Disney standards
- Perform 3D Modeling using Civil3D for integration into a large BIM platform
- Keep up-to-date on the latest developments in civil engineering technology, equipment and materials
- Provide utilities analysis using software such as ICPR or Innovyze InfoSWMM or InfoWater
- Enjoy the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including movie screenings, deep discounts on things you can really use, and free entry to our Parks using your Gate Pass!
- Experienced Sr. Civil Engineer with 10+ years in the land development, public utility, and/or municipal engineering with design experience in site layout, grading, drainage, wet utilities (potable water and sanitary sewer), storm water management, erosion and sedimentation control
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in State of Florida, or ability to obtain within 3-months of hire
- Expertise with industry codes and standards including environmental and transportation regulations (including but not limited to ANSI, ASTM, and ASCE standards)
- Experienced in performing peer reviews
- Experienced preparing calculations and reports for water quality management plans including best management practices and storm water pollution prevention plan
- Thorough understanding of various types of Field Surveys
- AutoCAD Civil3D grading, site layout, and pipe design
- Wet Utility Capacity Modeling & Analysis
- Water and Sanitary Sewer collection and distribution system design
- Completing H&H Analysis
- Performing roadway and parking designs
- Ordering, reviewing, or conducting Transportation Impact Studies
- Ordering, reviewing, and evaluating Geotechnical studies
- Design Management
- Experienced managing outside consultants/vendors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Function comfortably in a matrix organization
- Experience with storm and/or sanitary sewer system maintenance, rehabilitation, and strategic planning including lift station performance evaluation and modifications
- Experience with potable water system maintenance and strategic planning
- Understanding the groundwater dewatering design and permitting process
- Experience with select hydraulic modeling software including ICPR, Innovyze InfoSWMM or Innovyze InfoWater
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Experience with Traffic Planning and Analysis
- Experience with environmental site mitigation
- Active member of related professional and technical societies
- Familiarity with Revit applications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
Additional Information:We greatly value service in any of the US Armed Forces.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.