Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Data EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715796BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 12/11/2019
The DDSI Data Integration (DI) team is looking to fill a Sr. Integration Consultant role experienced in Python, SQL, database design, Amazon Web Services AWS S3 and nightly batch processing using Apache Airflow.
ResponsibilitiesThis position will work closely with our MSI, Decision Science, Technology, Client and 3rd party data providers in the development and sustainment of solutions for our client(s). This individual will perform activities such as data requirements gathering, data analysis, data validation scripting and review, database/schema design and implementation, sourcing of 3rd party data sources using API calls (in Python), building and monitoring daily batch update processes, and ad-hoc activities required by the projects.
- A strong technology background with a focus on Data Integration
- 3+ years of hands-on Python experience
- 3+ years of experience and proficiency in SQL (on a variety of database platforms)
- 2+ years of expertise designing and implementing database schemas and data modeling
- Experience and proficiency in developing automated data transformation processes
- Experience with Github/Gitlab
- Hands-on experience promoting code and database schemas across multiple environments (Dev, QA, UAT, Prod, etc.)
- Demonstrated partnering and communication skills; able to shift readily between technical and non-technical terminology depending on audience
- Experience and proficiency in requirements elicitation and documentation for data processing
- Experience and proficiency in developing automated data validation test scenarios and scripts
- Proficiency acquiring, organizing, cleansing and manipulating large amounts of data
- Proven sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities in an Agile fashion
- Database Administration (DBA) development experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MariaDB or Snowflake
- Experience and proficiency in using Docker containers
- Experience and proficiency in using Apache Airflow
- Experience with Media / TV Advertising
- Solid understanding of AWS
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or other quantitative field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or other quantitative field
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.