Sr Database Administrator
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 824644BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 19, 2021
Job Summary:The Senior Database Administrator would be part of the database operations team and will drive efficiency efforts and operational improvements with the purpose of improving the availability and performance of critical RDBMS systems. If high priority incidents occur in production, this individual would manage resolution efforts, drive root cause analysis and ensure the implementation of permanent fix in production environment. This resource will provide RDBMS best practices and knowledge management. This individual will provide leadership to various technical teams both proactively and reactively to guide them in their utilization of RDBMS resources.
The Senior Database Administrator will also lead efforts around automation and tool development to drive efficiency and increase technical acumen across the team. This team member will provide thought leadership to help the database operations team transform to a more focused business technology team by being an influencer both within the team and with our customers.
- This role is responsible for decisions related to prioritization and escalation of production RDBMS events & incidents, technical & business communication on impairments, production service change approval, problem management validation & continuous improvement scoping & prioritization.
- Provide proactive performance reporting and tuning across an array of application response requirements.
- Provide immediate response to critical RDBMS incident and effectively communicate while providing world class troubleshooting.
- Serve as a consultant and mediator for technical challenges.
- Effective communication of issues to engineers & leadership within support teams, and resolutions or work-around to the customer as appropriate.
- Own Problem Management validation of known error resolution & final validation – protecting the production environment.
- Own Continuous Improvement efforts by working toward all organizational goals.
- Partner with the various functions within DPECP and business partners to find solutions to technical and process challenges that negatively impact availability and stability.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Technology, IT/IS.
- Demonstrated experience in customer support for enterprise-scale RDBMS solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading triage & integration functions on enterprise-scale solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and hands-on experience with Multiple RDBMS products and their associated tools and monitoring solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in upgrading RDBMS versions (i.e. Oracle 12c to 19c)
- Ability to drive change through innovation & process improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Ability to communicate to executive audiences and deliver results through influence.
- Certification in RDBMS technologies
- Technology experience in the hospitality/travel industry.
- Experience with migration on-prem RDBMS to cloud and / or to anther database platform
- Certification in Oracle, MSSQL,MySQL,MariaDB
- AWS Certification
Required EducationDegree or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.