Sr Decision Science Product ConsultantApply NowApply Later Job ID 10069436 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 15, 2023
Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States
Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
About the Role & Team
The Disney Decision Science + Integration (DDSI) organization provides internal consulting services for clients across The Walt Disney Company including the Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products segment, which include Parks & Resorts both domestic and international, Consumer Products and Disney Signature Experiences, as well as the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment, which include Studios Content (Disney Theatrical Group), General Entertainment Content, and ESPN and Sports Content.
The Decision Science Product team in DDSI leverages advanced analytics, technology, optimization, statistical, and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions, and drive business value. Our work includes conceptualizing new solutions, solution design and development, partnering with decision scientists, data engineers, and application developers, implementation (and integration with business processes), and ongoing business support to increase profitability and improve the value proposition for our Guests, Cast Members, and Shareholders.
What You Will Do
DDSI seeks data-driven and business-minded team members who are passionate about learning our client’s businesses, forming relationships with key partners, and driving value through the tactical and strategic use of data and analytics. You will support development and improvement of existing solutions by exploring, implementing, and testing enhancements to address key business problems. You are someone who enjoys connecting with clients to brainstorm ways to better support business decisions, being a thought partner in analytical settings, designing and building data visualization dashboards, and developing, managing, and improving analytical solutions.
• Internal Consultant – You will act as a Company-wide consultant leveraging advanced analytics and complex science models to solve business problems and add value.
• Business Partner – You will engage with clients for projects that increase revenue, improve efficiencies, or guide strategy development.
• Technical Lead – You will extract data for analysis, seek out answers to business problems, and look for opportunities to automate processes.
• Product Developer – You will support assessment of business needs, requirements gathering, solution design, delivery, testing, and user training of analytics applications.
• Problem Solver – When presented with new challenges, you will research and network to find solutions, evaluated within the context of business impact.
• Storyteller – Through polished presentations, deliver and effectively communicate key insights, findings, and recommendations in a concise, actionable, and efficient manner.
• 5+ years of experience progressively complex experience in software product development, delivery, and management of revenue management systems
• Proficiency acquiring, organizing, cleansing, and manipulating complex or large amounts of data
• Demonstrated experience performing exploratory and quantitative analysis and contributing to solution design
• Proficiency with data visualization technologies such as Tableau
• Proficiency with one or more of the following languages: SQL, Python, R
• Ability to tell the story in the data, and simplify complex analytics into recommendations that are easily understood and executable
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment
• Experience with statistical methods, forecasting, optimization, and/or simulation
• Knowledge of revenue management and dynamic pricing
• Skilled in software development life cycle, developing product roadmaps for implementation and sustainment
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Data Mining, Analytics, Computer Science, Finance, or other quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
• Master's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.