Senior Energy AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10003758 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 11, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Senior Energy Analyst
Disney (Parks, Experiences, and Products)
Lake Buena Vista, FL
The Senior Energy Analyst oversees the daily operations of the Reedy Creek Improvement (RCID) energy supply portfolio including RCID's hourly trading activity for electricity and natural gas. You will also evaluate and improve term transactions up to 6 months in duration, prepares short-term load forecasts, and the annual Electric and Natural Gas Budgets. You will also manage all internal and external financial reporting for the Business Affairs team.
You will report to Manager, Energy Planner
- Oversee the RCID's hourly trading desk for purchases and sales of natural gas and electricity while coordinating fuel purchasing, consumption forecasting, electric generation, contract and interchange scheduling and operational impacts both internally and externally.
- Analyze decision-making processes for hourly, daily, and term transactions up to six months in duration.
- Improve energy costs by using business relationships with partners. Develop energy tracking mechanisms, modeling methods, and modeling tools to support the decision-making, transaction recording, and reconciliation processes of the trading desks.
- Backoffice functions associated with wholesale electric and natural gas activity including reconciliation, and billing, reporting and coordinating for year-to-date and year-to-go billing and mid-year rate calculations.
- Prepare comparative and summary reports for Management Team.
- Coordinate OASIS requests, System Impact Studies, Transmission Service Agreements, and Designation of Network Resources with Transmission Providers.
- Coordinate and communicate outage and testing schedules for internal and external resources generators and outage optimization.
- Prepare regulatory reports for DOE, FERC, NERC, Florida Public Service Commission (FPSC), and Florida Reliability Coordinating Council (FRCC).
- Prepare analysis of special projects as assigned by leader.
- This position will be on-site based in Lake Buena Vista, FL.
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- Knowledge of electric and natural gas trading and tools required for the decision-making process and to document transactions
- Demonstrated understanding of OATI's web-based scheduling platforms
- Demonstrated proficiency with EXCEL
- Demonstrated proficiency with electric Production Cost modeling
- Demonstrated understanding of utility contracts including interchange agreements, OATT, EEI, NAESB, or FERC tariffs
- Strong external business relationships
- 5-7+ years of Interchange/Generation and energy trading
- 5+ years managing the interchange, generation, and electric trading desk
- 5+ years managing the natural gas trading desk
- Demonstrated understanding of natural gas pipeline nominations system
Bachelor's degree - business, finance, economics or Industrial Engineering concentrations.
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
#LI-ML3, safety22, #DPEPFLA
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Photo Imaging, LLC., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Photo Imaging, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.