Sr Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10008196 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 04, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Licensing Controllership group is primarily responsible for managing the revenue / licensing accounting, rights management, analysis and reporting processes, and ensures all controls and policies around revenue recognition are in place for Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP), which is the sub-segment of Disney Parks Experiences and Products (DPEP) that merchandises the company’s franchises. CPGP engages with licensees, publishers and retailers throughout the world to design, develop, publish, promote and sell a wide variety of products based on the Company’s intellectual property. The licensing operations cover a diverse range of product categories such as toys, apparel, home décor and furnishings, accessories, health and beauty, food, footwear, consumer electronics, books, magazines and interactive media.
Within Corporate Controllership, the Third Party Audit Department is responsible for oversee and complete third party audits as a result of The Walt Disney Company’s contractual reporting obligations.
The SFA will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating North America audits performed by third party firms on behalf of TWDC. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
- Assist the Audit Manager with the annual risk assessment and audit plan development for North America.
- Understand and track business changes and recommend changes to the audit plan, as appropriate.
- Investigate and research contractual terms, accounting impact and auditing matters.
- Coordinate audits with internal stakeholders, licensees and external audit firms.
- Assist the Audit Manager with the resolution of outstanding audit issues during fieldwork and with communications with Category, Finance and other stakeholders, as needed.
- Prepare and update planning file for external auditors.
- Assist external auditors in requests to conduct the audits including unresponsive third parties not aware of our rights to audit.
- Review audit findings provided by external auditors to ensure accurate and relevant reporting of results; issue follow-up questions to external auditors as needed.
- Assist Audit Manager in communicating audit results to third parties.
- Draft summary reports based on summary findings prepared by external audit firms; assist the Audit Manager in communicating the results to internal stakeholders.
- Work on reconciliation of audit resolution amounts to Accounting records.
- Update Audit tracking system to reflect current status of each engagement.
- Drive timely and accurate audit report completion and findings collection goals of the team.
- Assist in the review and recording of audit fee invoices from external auditors.
- Ensure that audit files are accurately and completely documented within the department’s audit repository system.
- Identify and implement internal process and procedure changes to continuously improve audit operations.
- Assist the Audit Manager with periodic audit status reporting, as well as other ad-hoc projects.
- Participate in or lead aspects of various ad hoc requests, special projects and departmental initiatives.
- Develop an understanding of Disney’s culture and company structures and gain and apply historical knowledge of the department’s audit work in order to leverage internal department experience in future audits.
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial audit, internal control audit, compliance audit, or relevant audit function
- Able to problem-solve and deliver results timely and with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral)
- Responsible for analyzing data from numerous systems to create reporting tailored for the business. Produce reports that will improve profitability and margin, analyzing and reporting on ad-hoc requests, whilst creating and maintaining operational dashboards.
- Strong attention to detail, quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen and problem solving skills
- Proficient at interacting with both internal and external clients at all levels
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and oversee several projects simultaneously in deadline-driven environment
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency of Microsoft Office and applications, including Excel, Access, Power Point and Word, knowledge of financial systems and data visualization solutions (Tableau, Power Bi)
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent team player, who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- CPA, Candidate (audit hours complete)
- 2-4 years’ experience with a public accounting firm
- Licensing business experience
- Royalty audit experience
- SAP experience
- B.A. in Accounting or Finance
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.