Sr iOS Developer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 812390BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 18, 2021
Job Summary:The Senior Software Engineer applies practical knowledge of development and engineering principles to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement new software applications, features, enhancements, fixes of moderate to high complexity. The Senior Software Engineer owns, design and development and drives development of components through their own individual contribution or being part of a team. The Senior Software Engineer provides technical guidance to the team as a technical expert and acts as a point of escalation. In this role, this person is expected to be able to act autonomously to perform their day-to-day activities and duties.
- Owns the design and development of software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications
- Drives development of components through own and working with the team
- Develops technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments
- Executes assigned component level software development projects and major fixes using new or existing technologies
- Develops specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes
- Reviews or writes code
- Leads programming, testing and debugging of applications or fixes to existing applications
- Creates protocols, documentation and tools for installation and maintenance
- Participates in setting the architectural direction for software development projects
- Designs specific components for assigned projects, developing specifications for each
- Designs, develops, manages, creates and maintains technical components and templates
- Lead end-to-end troubleshooting
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization
- Executes assigned component level projects using new or existing technologies
- Reviews or troubleshoots and performs testing
- Serves as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance and oversight
- Leads team members in problem analysis and issue resolution
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team
- Minimum of 5 years iOS application development experience
- Strong experience with Swift
- Experience with Bluetooth and/or BLE
- Experience with iOS native frameworks such as GPS
- Experienced with multi-threaded apps
- Experienced with all phases of the development life cycle
- Experienced with GIT source control management
- Ability to work independently
- Very detail oriented
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Worked on at least one large iOS software project
- Delivered products across multiple releases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.