Sr Manager, Technology SourcingApply NowApply Later Job ID 799002BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 26, 2021
- Part of a global team whose mission is to successfully execute strategic sourcing engagements and strategic planning activities within the broad scope of spend supported by the Technology Sourcing team.
- Accountable individually, as a team member, and/or as a project leader of both dedicated and virtual teams, for a portfolio of projects spanning the full strategic sourcing lifecycle – from planning and strategizing through sourcing and negotiation.
- Expected to leverage cross-functional teams to successfully execute strategic sourcing initiatives that contribute to meeting individual and team operational and financial targets established prior to the start of each year.
- Responsible for helping develop and coach direct reports and other team members to enable them to expand their individual capabilities and the overall capacity of the Technology Sourcing team.
- Interfacing with multiple levels of leadership and contributors across all segments of The Walt Disney Company, but is expected to focus primarily on the Corporate and Parks segments.
- Deliver maximum supply chain value for The Walt Disney Company by effectively and efficiently leading and/or supporting cross-functional teams of direct reports, virtual team members, and stakeholders through full life-cycle sourcing projects, including project planning & management, analysis & strategy, supplier evaluation & selection, negotiation, and implementation.
- Nurture stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business requirements and providing sourcing and procurement services, both strategic and tactical, that meet or exceed their expectations. Foster a collaborative environment among stakeholders and with other S&P teams that support them. Maintain strong relationships across various functions (e.g., operations, finance, legal, etc.), demonstrate the value-add of leveraging S&P processes and methods, and build enthusiasm and support for their adoption.
- Manage a category or subcategory including, for example, maintaining/updating strategy in accordance with business objectives; proactively seeking ways to leverage strategies to derive incremental value from projects; and facilitating development of lessons learned to further evolve category or subcategory strategies.
- Coach and develop direct reports including, for example, providing direction, guidance and performance management input; encouraging and facilitating internal skill/capability development; maintaining an environment that supports career growth and development; and mentoring them on best practices, process improvement opportunities, strategy development, sourcing processes, and similar.
- Manage team-related and administrative activities including, for example, participating in the Annual Operating Plan process, periodically updating project status reports and ensuring projects of your direct reports are clear and current; entering and maintaining timely, accurate project information in project and savings tracking system, including forecasts; and fulfilling ad hoc requests from S&P leadership and Procurement Operations on a timely basis.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.