Sr Mobile Software Engineer, DPEP Tech & DigitalApply NowApply Later Job ID 10041446 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States / Glendale, California, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 22, 2023
“We Power the Magic!” That’s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Technology & Digital. Our team creates world-class immersive digital experiences for the Company’s premier vacation brands including Disney’s Parks & Resorts worldwide, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney Vacation Club. We are responsible for the end-to-end digital and physical Guest experience for all technology & digital-led initiatives across the Attractions & Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Resorts & Transportation and Merchandise lines of business as well as other initiatives including MyDisneyExperience and Hey, Disney!
This role sits in the Mobile Core Services organization within Technology & Digital for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products.
The Sr Mobile Software Engineer will report to the Sr Manager, Software Engineering.
As a Senior Mobile Software Developer, you will manage individual mobile projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables, and will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and enhancing mobile software solutions. You will be working in an Agile environment, partnering with cross-functional teams to define new mobile product requirements, features, and functionality. In this senior level capacity, you will be expected to both act autonomously for day-to-day activities and guide junior engineers in their day-to-day activities.
- Design and develop mobile solutions for software fixes and new features using test-driven development.
- Analyze user stories, provide realistic estimations, and participate in sprint planning, scrums, demos, and retrospectives.
- Create detailed mobile software development documentation and assist in assigning tasks to team members.
- Create pull requests and perform code reviews for peers and related teams.
- Track and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure that mobile software and services are performing well.
- Write unit and UI tests for your mobile code.
- Build well-designed, well-engineered, stable, performant mobile applications using Flutter, Swift, Kotlin, and/or Java.
- Guide other team members by providing oversight and direction.
- Recommend improvements to processes, technologies, and coding practices that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Strong ability to maintain focus and problem solve in a dynamic, fast-paced environment working with cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years mobile development experience.
- Experience working in an Agile Team consisting of product managers, project managers, design, QA and tech.
- Strong knowledge of mobile development, design principles, patterns, and best practices related to application development concepts, designs, and architectures.
- Excellent communication skills required to interact with senior leaders, technical colleagues, and partners across various locations and time zones.
- Experience in optimizing software performance, including app sizing, memory usage, CPU, and scaling.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, passion for consumer software.
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge of unit testing and continuous integration.
- Experience leading projects and providing technical direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience
- Code samples in Github
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development.
- Experience developing applications using Flutter is a plus.
- JIRA and Confluence knowledge
- Experience shipping at least one mobile application.
The hiring range for this position in Glendale, CA is $136,038 to $182,490 per year and in Seattle, WA is $142,516 to $191,180 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.