Sr Network Engineer - Cyber Security
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 845812BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 27, 2021
Job Summary:Would you like to be part of the team that is tasked with the Operational Technology Cybersecurity of our Ride and Show control systems at The Walt Disney Company? The Sr OT Network Specialist takes a strategic approach to protection of our control networks in attractions, live shows, and transportation venues. One of the primary tasks of this position will be to apply your deeply network technical understanding to the control system environments in WDW’s existing and incoming attraction systems. These systems require profiling of their network traffic patterns in an effort to build systems that identify changes. Additionally, you will provide network/cyber expertise to designing secure network systems and solutions. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where professionalism, precision and integrity are valued and where no two days are the same, apply today to join us!
Responsibilities:As a Sr OT Network Specialist with the OT Cybersecurity team, you would be responsible for designing and tuning the Operational Technology network systems in our parks. This is a specialized role that is part of a cohesive team that provides 24/7 protection to these systems. You would have responsibility for day-to-day cybersecurity and data protection initiatives and processes.
Every day as a Sr OT Network Specialist is different! On any given day, you might:
- Oversee research, including liaison with control team engineers and writing/reviewing all data baseline profiles in the network IDS systems.
- Evaluate and implement sensor/taps deployments with close partnership of Sustaining Engineers and Engineering Services Leadership.
- Develop, disseminate and implement Control Systems Cybersecurity awareness programs;
- Deploy network systems as new attractions come under the team purview.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents, and work directly with local attraction teams to understand risk and create a custom response plan;
- Specify, design and build network security devices and other cyber components into industrial control systems and networks. Troubleshoot, maintain, and document the same.
- Help translate industry best practices into Disney policies.
- Stay current on industry trends and technological advances.
- 10 plus years of Operational Technology networking experience;
- Have deep knowledge of PLC systems, I/O systems and industrial control protocols therein;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English, and strong command of basic English grammar;
- Proven leadership skills, and ability to build relationships and influence decisions by systems owners;
- Experience collaborating with Maintenance, Designers, Engineers, Teammates;
- Deep knowledge of Network architecture, including complex network addressing, isolation, traffic profiling, and discovery.
- Knowledge of the difference between OT Cybersecurity and IT Cybersecurity;
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job; and
- Flexible work days/hours and ability to work some weekends or holidays.
- Ride or Show Controls Networking experience;
- Certifications in OT Cybersecurity (ICS topics), Equivalent experience designing control networks.
- Familiar with structure and key personnel in DPEP Sustaining Engineering, Engineering Services, and/or Walt Disney Imagineering.
Required EducationBA/BS degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related engineering field
- MS degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related engineering field preferred
- Preferred one or more general security certifications including Security+, CySA+, CCNA Cyber Ops, AWS, GSEC, GICSP, CISSP, or other relevant certifications.
- Preferred one or more vulnerability assessment or auditing certification including CISSA, CISM, GCCC, GSNA or other relevant certifications.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.