Sr. Operations Research EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10004194 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Nov. 18, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Are you looking for a high impact position that will leverage your data science, analytical, business and technical skills? Do you enjoy building models that expand the understanding of business performance, predict future possibilities, and prescribe change? If you excel at delivering and communicating robust data analysis and want to influence the future of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP), then this position is for you.
DPEP Experience Engineering & Enablement is seeking a Senior Operations Research Engineer to join our Advanced Analytics team. This team supports our Industrial Engineering and Park Operations teams by building tools and models to enhance our Guest and Cast experience and optimize our business.
- Apply Operations Research techniques (e.g. statistics, simulation, forecasting, optimization) to solve complex business problems.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously that contribute to improvements in Guest satisfaction, Cast excellence, and operational efficiencies.
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior leadership through verbal presentations and written reports.
Basic Qualifications :
- Excellent analytical ability, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience with operations research techniques and methods, including forecasting, optimization, machine learning, data mining, and/or simulation.
- Ability to extract, validate, manipulate, and derive insight from large amounts of data from diverse sources.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to partner with others and deal effectively with differing points of view.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced operational environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously under changing conditions.
- Willingness to keep current on latest analytical techniques and software applications.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Prior related work experience, including co-op/intern programs.
- Broad understanding of The Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
- Proficient in predictive analytics using SAS, Python or equivalent.
- Strong skills in prescriptive modeling and optimization with CPLEX or equivalent optimization software.
- Familiarity with simulation modeling methodology and tools such as Arena and AnyLogic.
Required Education :
- Advanced degree in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.