Sr QA EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10042534 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 02, 2023
Disney Parks, Experiences & Products (DPEP) Technology combines custom and vendor technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the Cast Member and Theme Park Guest experience. Disney seeks forward-thinking technologists who are passionate about delivering quality products and enjoy working closely with business partners on strategic and tactical challenges. The candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and be able to quickly lead a diverse team of talented individuals.
This Quality Assurance Automation Engineer position is responsible for having a strong focus leading a product from conception to delivery quickly and efficiently with a high level of quality and polish. There is a high expectation on designing and developing automated test solutions to verify and validate functionality, performance, stability, and usability of critical software systems developed by the Engineering team. This includes software testing, scripting, writing and the execution of test plans and test cases. This also includes strong collaboration with Software Development Engineering teams to ensure that the automation approach and frameworks are optimized for the solution under development. Details of these responsibilities are listed below:
- Help build/modify and maintain Test Automation Frameworks
- Work with QA Analysts to identify and prioritize tests that are candidates for automation
- Consume test design artifacts and construct functional test automation with the following characteristics:
- Must be durable, able to execute consistently and not easily broken (not fragile)
- Easily maintained by the original author or any other assigned resource
- Well documented and easily executed by other resources, including developers
- Produce usable and informative logging information to assist with Triage
- Provide consistent test data use and interface with test data management tools and processes, where applicable
- Must integrate within a Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Optional – be easily adapted to support production deployment validation needs
- Provide automation execution support, including triage, and repair/refactoring when needed
- Provide insight into automation framework modifications
- Be willing and able to provide manual test execution when needs require
- Maintain the functional test portion of the Continuous Integration pipeline
- Define onboarding requirements for tests entering the Continuous Integration pipeline
- Review automated test code to assure adherence to standards and to advise on optimization
- Research, identify, and implement new test automation technologies
- Define, document, and conduct training on test automation practices, tools, and coding standards
- 3-5 years of experience programming in an object-oriented programming language such as Java
- 3-5 years of experience working with UI, Mobile UI or API test automation tools such as Selenium, Appium or Junit
- Comfort adapting to custom automation frameworks
- Experience working in or a solid understanding of test-driven and behavior-driven development
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment using tools like Jenkins or Bamboo
- Solid Understanding of Agile development lifecycle and software testing practices
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and adoption of new technologies.
- Ability to communicate to both technical and business users and the ability to gracefully handle passionate conversations.
- Ability to work independently and deliver on agreed upon timelines.
- Passion for quality with a no line of code written without testing mindset.
- Strong time management skills with a history of meeting commitments.
- Providing testing leadership, able to inspire and coach other technical members to perform at their highest potential.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or other cloud services providers in support of CI/CD solutions
- Knowledge of test technology trends and Web frameworks/tools (AngularJS, NodeJS, cloud etc.)
- Experience working with cloud services Selenium grids and cloud services device farms (Sauces Labs is preferred)
- Experience working with Node.js
- A passion for technology!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
The hiring range for this position in Florida is $107,256.00-$143,880.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.