Sr Software Engineer (Java/Backend)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 2113959920220313 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This role will be a part of the eCommerce team in Disney Parks, Experience & Products. The team supports eCommerce functionality which includes the front-end website and mobile used by guests and third-party users as well as the core services which integrate with the commerce systems. As part of the team, the role will be responsible for the delivery of new capabilities, the enhancement of existing capabilities and the modernization of the existing technical stack to take full advantage of cloud native architecture and microservices while continuing to support and sustain the existing front end applications during the transition.
The Senior Software Engineer applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate to high complexity. The Senior Software Engineer owns design and development, and drives development of components through their own’ and their team's work. The Senior Software Engineer provides technical guidance and acts as a point of escalation and technical expert. The resource will assist with architecture, design and development of highly scalable software systems and applications.
- Define, architect, design and build high-quality software solutions
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
Basic Qualifications :
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience.
- Very passionate about coding.
- Collaborate with team and peers to design complex applications, peer review code, and suggest optimization.
- Create reference implementations for the purpose of mentoring and leading more junior staff (when required).
- Hands on development, expert in development of Java/J2EE restful services using Spring, Spring Boot.
- Very passionate about OO design and aware of the different layers that exist in a system (we will ask you to design a system during the interview).
- Capable of leveraging basic Data structures and algorithms to solve problems.
- Experience with AWS cloud services and development is preferred, services such as ECS, Lambda, and S3.
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, MariaDB, or other databases. Strong in SQL and stored procedures
- Check-in valuable, clean code on a daily basis that adds new features and capabilities
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge in the following things (that one usually uses when creating large scale apps):
- CSS methodologies
- Responsive design and SPA development
- Security and performance of web applications
- Cross browser development
- Strong expertise in:
- J2EE, Spring
- Node JS
- Serverless Design/Development.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.