Sr Software Engineer - JavaApply NowApply Later Job ID 812392BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Jun. 18, 2021
The position is a hands-on senior software engineer who will:
- Work closely with product managers and story owners to design features and prioritize tasks
- Lead technical teams by mentoring and coaching, answering questions and solving problems
- Assemble releases and drive improvements in the delivery and release processes
- Help with recruiting and selection of technical resources
- And – write code
- Owns the design and development of software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications
- Lead design, code reviews, and assist software architects
- Mentor junior engineers and teach them our engineering methods
- Solve problems by collaborating across multiple teams, from product to design
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team
- Five to eight years of developing Java REST applications for enterprise or consumer use.
- Experience working in an Agile Team consisting of product, design, QA and development.
Significant knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
- Strong foundation in CS Fundamentals, especially around best practices in code quality and design patterns
- Strong knowledge in Java 11, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker
- Networking such as HTTP Protocol and Socket connections
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Experience with Security and OWASP recommendations
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with senior leaders, technical colleagues and partners across several different geographic locations and time zones
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and internal members of the software development team
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skills
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.