Sr Software Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 700135BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 17/09/2019
Job Summary:The Sr. Software Engineer ensures the integrity, security, availability, effectiveness, and efficiency of DPECP Technology supported solutions. The Sr. Software Engineer helps create maintain the baseline and target architecture model and supports the development of the IT roadmap for applications and solutions. The Sr. Software Engineer also helps administer standards and provide design recommendations based on long-term organization strategy. The Sr. Software Engineer helps develop application and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements and interfaces, functions, and features.
- Participates in the development of architectural strategy in alignment with business goals and requirements
- Analyzes the current IT ecosystem architecture to identify weakness and develop opportunities for improvements
- Assists in the analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state architecture
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy
- Develops methods to integrate systems that interact and extend across functional lines
- Research, test and implement new techniques, frameworks and utilities
- Define development/design standards and best practices
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define new product requirements, features, and functionality
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies, and be prepared to apply them quickly
- Development of quality code using cutting edge technologies, tools and utilities
- 7+ years of experience, with at least 5+ years of mobile development experience
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, application design, system engineering, and integration
- Experience writing technical specifications and technical documentation
- Expert level knowledge of Java and Android SDK
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques
- Have knowledge of multithreading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Experience working with Bluetooth, BLE, beacons, geofence/location API and connected devices to deliver personalized user experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Android SDK across various versions of Android to effectively deliver solutions for a multitude of Android devices
- Extensive knowledge of Android architecture/design principles, background process limitations and third-party libraries
- Knowledge of push notifications, offline data storage, background processing, threading, caching and performance optimization
- Hands on experience with continuous integration, Gradle and Maven build system
- Knowledge with Android UI design principles and accessibility best practices, delegates, interfaces, data binding & application lifecycle
- Familiarity with modern Android development & libraries (RxJava, Dagger 2, etc.)
- Experience with crash reporting tools like NewRelic or Crittercism is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.