Sr Software Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 776262BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 15, 2021
Job Summary:The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for development and engineering for large, custom off the shelf application used for various functions in Workforce Management portfolio. This role will conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate to high complexity. They will own design and development, and drive development of components through their own and subordinate engineers’ work. The Senior Engineer will provide technical guidance and act as a point of escalation and technical expert. They will design and develop highly scalable software systems and applications.
The successful candidate requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various hardware, software, and platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments, and have experience with highly integrated and mission critical solutions. They must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the effective for each respective group.
- Owns the design and development of software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications.
- Drives development of components through own and subordinate engineers' work.
- Develops technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
- Executes assigned component level software development projects and major fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Develops specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes.
- Reviews or writes code.
- Leads programming, testing and debugging of applications or fixes to existing applications.
- Creates protocols, documentation and tools for installation and maintenance.
- Participates in setting the architectural direction for software development projects.
- Designs specific components for assigned projects, developing specifications for each.
- Designs, develops, manages, creates and maintains technical components and templates.
- Able to code against front-end technology stack and lead end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization.
- Executes assigned component level projects using new or existing technologies
- Designs and develops specifications for assigned projects
- Reviews or troubleshoots and performs testing.
- Participates in conceiving and setting the architectural direction for development projects.
- Designs the component tasks of assigned projects, developing specifications for each
- Serves as a high level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Leads team members in problem analysis and issue resolution.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering using Agile methodology
- Expertise in Java/JEE/.NET, Restful/SOAP Services, Micro Services, Angular, NodeJS, AWS Cloud, Docker, Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Strong collaboration and consensus building skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root cause without access to code
- Experience in a development role for a large custom off the shelf application
- Experience with Workforce Management systems
- Experience with Workforce Management systems
- Proven experience in Big Data technologies, Machine Learning, Bot Technologies, and data integration between systems and analytics tools
- Database Design Experience including both relational and NoSQL such as DynamoDB
- Architecting cloud-based solutions using managed and serverless technologies as appropriate such as Docker, AWS ECS, Google GKE, Google App Engine, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, AWS DynamoDB, or Google Firestore
- Experience managing automated deployments using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Serverless Framework, or Ansible
- Experience with QA and software analytic tools
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.