Sr Software Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 780399BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 31, 2021
Job Summary:This role will be a part of the resort sales team within the Parks Commercial Systems organization. The team supports the resort sales commerce flows for multiple resort destinations which include the front-end website used by guests and travel agents as well as the core services which integrate with the commerce systems. As part of the team, the role will be responsible for the delivery of new capabilities, enhancement of existing capabilities and the modernization of the existing technical stack to take full advantage of cloud native architecture and microservices while continuing to support and sustain the existing front-end applications during the transition.
The Senior Software Engineer applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate to high complexity. The Senior Software Engineer owns design and development, and drives development of components through his/her own’ and subordinate engineers’ work. The Senior Engineer provides technical guidance and acts as a point of escalation and technical expert. The Senior Software Engineer designs and develops highly scalable software systems and applications.
- Owns the design and development of software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications
- Drives development of components through own and subordinate engineers' work
- Develops technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments
- Executes assigned component level software development projects and major fixes using new or existing technologies
- Develops specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes
- Reviews or writes code
- Leads programming, testing and debugging of applications or fixes to existing applications
- Creates protocols, documentation and tools for installation and maintenance
- Participates in setting the architectural direction for software development projects
- Designs specific components for assigned projects, developing specifications for each
- Designs, develops, manages, creates and maintains technical components and templates
- Able to code with front-end technology stack and lead end-to-end troubleshooting
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization
- Executes assigned component level projects using new or existing technologies
- Designs and develops specifications for assigned projects
- Reviews or troubleshoots and performs testing
- Participates in conceiving and setting the architectural direction for development projects.
- Designs the component tasks of assigned projects, developing specifications for each
- Serves as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance and oversight
- Leads team members in problem analysis and issue resolution
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team
- Experience with server-side scripting like PHP or a similar object-oriented server-side scripting language.
- Experience working with Node.js
- Experience writing technical specifications and driving them through development
- Ability to develop and implement high-quality code in a timely manner is essential
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of server-side scripting language and framework; eg: Zend for PHP
- Knowledge of mobile app development
- Consumed REST based web services with JSON data
- Proven ability to work with all members of a technical project team
- Experience drafting requirements and functional specifications
- Win-win approach and the ability to work well as part of a broader team
- Ability to effectively communicate across a broad range of stakeholders, including customers, QA, operations, engineering, management, etc.
- Strong appreciation of the Disney brand and the importance of story
- Content Management System Architecture knowledge a plus
- Agile/SCRUM experience a plus
- Structured programming experience beyond the web
- Avid interest in new Technology
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.