Sr Software Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 784090BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 29, 2021
Job Summary:As a Senior Software Engineer on the Ticketing and Resort Technologies team you will be creating innovative solutions by developing and implementing applications, and leading a team of developers implementing technology products and applications for Walt Disney theme parks globally. As a Tech Senior, you will be responsible for helping estimate, plan and oversee development activities being executed by both internal and vendor development resources. The Agile delivery methodology will be the working model for this team. The Tech Lead role will be regularly expected to lead meetings, interface laterally with senior technology and line of business stakeholders, and assumes the main responsibility for the technical solution and steering the technical work of developers / engineers working on assigned projects.
The Tech Senior is a hands-on senior software engineer who will:
- Work closely with product managers and story owners to design features and prioritize tasks
- Assemble releases and drive improvements in the delivery and release processes
- Designs and develops highly scalable software systems and applications
- Help with recruiting, selection, and development of technical resources
- And – write code
- Executes assigned component level software development and fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Develop and participate in developing specifications for assigned components, projects, and fixes
- Work closely with technical and non-technical leaders to strategize on delivery approach and dependency management
- Participate in the design process of new features and enhancements to the software platform.
- Overseeing the diagnosis of issues, evaluating and recommending the best resolution plan and executing against that plan
- Partner with the QA, project management and business teams on solution implementation
- Adhere to technical development processes, standard and software engineering best practices
- Participate in the creation of development / software engineering best practices, including capacity planning, monitoring, configuration, security, historical metrics, recovery strategies and migration strategies
- Ensure a process orientation across the technical/project team, being able to develop, implement and improve processes
- Manage scrum sessions, and executing sprint planning, sprint retrospective and sprint demos
- Identify, mitigate or appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes to development projects
- Assess the technical skills of contracted application developers where appropriate
- Provide thought leadership and technical guidance within a globally distributed environment
- Serve as a technical role model by promoting and demonstrating our commitment to Agile methodology and current software engineering processes, to include recommending improvements
Basic Qualifications:EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of four years’ experience working with AngularJS and Node
- Eight years software development experience
- Experience collecting, reviewing and updating requirements and/or user stories
- Experience writing technical documentation and providing engineering deliverables
- Experience with SCRUM and other Agile development practices.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Has solid understanding of the software development life cycle SDLC (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and Agile execution model
- Disciplined approach to software development. This includes defining and enforcing engineering best practices
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Expert level knowledge in Object Oriented Programming
- Java/J2EE and ASP.NET development skills, among other mainstream programming languages, with a proven record of creating commercial quality software solutions
- AngularJS and Node.js experience to be able to utilize a subscribed UI Reference Architecture
- Mobile (iOS / Android, Angular / Responsive, Ionic, Hybrid)
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration
- General knowledge developing mobile applications that interface with RESTful services
- Thorough understanding of delivering SOX, PCI, PII and application security protection requirements
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and internal members of the software development team
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skills
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed
- Scrum Master certification or similar Agile and/or SDLC certifications are a plus
- Mobile development experience
- Experience with QA and software analytic tools is a plus
- A thorough understanding and passion for Agile principles
- Experience with User Interfaces and/or SOA concepts is also desired
- Understanding of the Resort operations domain is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in a technology related field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, mathematics, engineering or other scientific or technology discipline) and/or equivalent work experience in the computer sciences and/or IT field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.