Sr Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 7112268820220410 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
"We make magic." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you will help inspire that magic by allowing our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Senior Software Engineer, Supply Chain Technology, applies practical knowledge of software development and engineering to conceive, design, and develop scalable software solutions using modern development paradigms (e.g. CI/CD, agile, product, cloud, and DevOps). Reporting to the Technology Manager of Supply Chain, you will lead completion of tasks through yours and other engineers' work. You'll provide technical guidance and act as a point of escalation and technical expert.
- Complete assigned component level software development, unit tests and support functional testing.
- Review and write code that meets quality gates.
- Create documentation and tools for installation, maintenance and transition.
- Participate in setting the architectural direction for software development projects.
- Be a full stack developer, comfortable with front-end development, back-end development and integration between large-scale ERP systems. Manage end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Be a high level technical resource and "go-to" person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance.
- Technology experience in Supply Chain or Retail Merchandising
- Seven years of progressively related experience in development of scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and interfaces between ERP systems.
- Experience in relevant technologies, such as: Java Development Tools (Git, CI/CD, Maven, Jenkins) SQL/Oracle Web Services (SOAP & REST) Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) Knowledge of mobile development (Android/iOS native, web apps designed for mobile)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience
- Mentor skills
- Handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
Additional Information :
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.