Sr Technical Project Manager, Data Products & PlatformsApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7112268120220515 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
"We make magic." That's our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP). And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you will help inspire that magic by allowing our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Sr. Technical Project Manager will identify and plan a set of projects to manage their interdependencies to support specific business strategies across Data Products & Platforms (DPP). You will apply project management principles, practices, and techniques to lead and control project schedule, scope, quality, cost, and performance risks independently, for multiple complex technology projects. The Sr. Technical Project Manager will coordinate the activities of the project team by becoming familiar with project scope and goals, and the role and function of each team member. The Sr. Technical Project Manager will work with cross-discipline technology teams and partners to understand technical and business direction, milestones, and budget, and provide expertise to project management team.
Responsibilities :Guide project initiation:
- Coordinate RFP/RFI process with Sourcing partners for vendor/product selection
- Manage project planning during discovery phases
- Coordinate and facilitate delivery of project goals
- Ensure completion of tasks, maintaining project schedule and target dates
- Lead high-priority matrix projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration and interaction with project sponsors and teams
- Conduct project meetings at leadership and executive director levels
- Develop a project change control process to ensure project team operates within the scope of change approval process
- Provide input and feedback to team members
- Evaluate the risks associated with project activities and take appropriate action to reduce the risks
- Review available resources to maintain first-hand knowledge of where resources can be best allocated; reevaluate current resources to determine project resource surplus and shortfalls
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review deliverables
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer goals
- Communicate with partners to gain support for projects
- Partner with managers to ensure efficient project delivery
- Conduct regular status meetings with all partners, keeping the partner's requirements in view
- Collaborate with development staff and support staff to maintain knowledge of capabilities, and to ensure precise communications between project teams and partners
- Create presentations and reports for executive leadership and partners
- Present program status and issues to leadership through formal presentations
- communicate program status and risks to management
- Ensure that projects operate within the approved budget
- Monitor all budgeted project expenditures
- Ensure that all financial actuals for the project are up-to-date
- Work with IT Project Controllers to oversee budget expenditures
Basic Qualifications :
- 4+ years of Program/Project management experience leading high-profile projects, and are viewed as the "go-to" individual
- Technical project team experience working with technology, business, and vendor teams
- Knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban and Waterfall
- Experience working with remote and global teams
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, and GitHub.
- Experience with financial/budget management and complex cost-benefit analysis
Preferred Qualifications :
- Technical project management experience within a data prouduct organization
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Agile Certifications (CSM; ACP; CSPO; SAFe; LeSS)
- Experience with portfolio management tools like Clarity
- Experience with collaboration tools like SharePoint, Smartsheets
Required Education :
- Bachelor's degree in technology discipline or related field
Preferred Education :
- Masters degree in technology discipline or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.