Staff Electrical EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723274BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 03, 2019
Lead and perform engineering tasks associated with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas.
- Evaluate, develop, implement and lead projects that have a significant financial and operational impact.
- Participate in department planning, provide budget recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
- Perform assignments while acting independently.
- Provide recommendations and implement action plans to improve performance and cost-effectiveness.
- Participate in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest.
- Document existing practices.
- Apply technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
Regulatory: Provide expertise to maintain compliance with FRCC and NERC.
Planning: Provide forecasting of systems and equipment needs due to growth, legislative requirements, replacement and obsolescence. Create master plans for 5-10 year horizons. Plan and apply for necessary permits to ensure the systems are in full compliance and able to meet future needs. Provide cost estimation and alternatives evaluation. Conduct systems planning using load flow models (manage consultants to accomplish the same). Compile condition assessment information to prioritize renewal & replacement projects. Respond to customer utility service requests. Follow legislation, regulation and rule-making as it relates to electrical distribution and plan/react/respond according to need and impact. Work with the regulators and policymakers as they relate to electrical distribution issues.
Design: Perform design of electrical transmission, substation and distribution systems, including the production of contract documents. Manage, direct and collaborate with design professionals (consultants) to execute electrical distribution design. Write scopes of work, solicit and evaluate proposals. Understand end-user requirements.
Construction: Perform project engineering functions, including: budgeting; shop drawing submittal and review; change order review; quality control oversight; and testing and commissioning of new facilities. Ensure the constructed product meets the need, intent and longevity required of the task.
Maintenance: Work closely with the Operating Divisions to perform analysis of system operation for mission and efficiency. Solve engineering and electrical distribution-related problems. Provide forensic engineering analysis on failed equipment, materials or systems.
Consult: Serve as an in-house consultant for RCID/RCES/Walt Disney World Co. and corporate needs. Provide assistance and information to all engineering roles at Reedy Creek Energy Services and support counterparts in the other disciplines and in other sister companies and sub-organizations; provide in-house consulting services to other disciplines, cross-checking and peer-reviewing each other’s logic and product, and teaming to produce special projects and meet special needs and circumstances.
Oversight: Provide oversight to and development of less tenured Cast Members.
- Minimum eight (8) years of applicable engineering experience. Four (4) years of this experience must be as a registered Professional Engineer.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Florida or registration in another state with the ability to become registered in Florida within six months of employment.
- Knowledge of engineering design principles and practices. Thorough knowledge and experience in all aspects of medium voltage electric utility underground distribution.
- Experience with the design and construction of underground electric utilities including the design and production of plan and profile contract documents.
- Ability to utilize AutoCAD or similar design tool to directly create design and construction documents; ability to direct CAD drafters/designers in drawing production.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes, methods, and practices unique to electrical distribution.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required, including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Construction estimating skills and expertise.
- Ability to work in a variety of work environments, including outdoor field locations.
- Experience with design and construction of various electrical transmission, substation or distribution systems, material and equipment (69kV and 12kV).
- Minimum of three (3) related career experiences (i.e. changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department/organization).
- Expertise with load flow programs such as Cyme or Synergi
- Knowledge of NERC and FRCC standards and compliance conditions.
- Familiarity with use of Maximo Compatible Units, ESRI GIS and integrated design tools
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent degree title) from an ABET-accredited institution. • Current Professional Engineer Registration the State of Florida or current registration in another state with the ability to become registered in Florida within six (6) months of employment. Note that registration in Florida is a requirement of employment.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Photo Imaging, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Photo Imaging, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.