Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Strategic Marketing Partnerships Corp Alliances Intern-Sum/Fall '20Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 737036BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 07, 2020
Disney Corporate Alliances is responsible for building corporate marketing partnerships between Disney and a select group of domestic and global brands. These relationships may include sponsorship, marketing and licensing rights as well as business-to-business opportunities. Corporate Alliances may involve multiple business units including Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Disney Cruise Line, ABC, ESPN, Disney Consumer Products, Disney Studios, and Disney Music Group.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
The Corporate Alliances Business Development Intern must be flexible in their ability to assist in the development of partnerships across a broad range of industries.
- Form strategic business recommendations based on industry research and analysis
- Research, design and develop company/brand overview documents
- Develop presentations for both internal and client facing audiences
- Work with internal stakeholders to support ongoing business development initiatives
- Collect and manage creative assets to be used in presentations
- Participate in / lead team brainstorming and provide creative input
- Attend meetings and presentations with high-level executives
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Well-rounded business skills and acumen
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple priorities and highly confidential information
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Positive attitude and ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Strong presentation skills
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated knowledge of The Walt Disney Company business segments
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in marketing and sponsorship
- Working knowledge of iWork for Mac (Keynote)
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree or recent graduate of Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business, Economics, Strategy or closely related program.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Housing: A limited amount of housing is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.