Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Strategic Sourcing Professional Internship Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 514509BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 01/03/2018
Represent a unique opportunity to assist with projects in our Strategic Sourcing department which includes:
- Performing data analysis to identify opportunities for cost reduction and value creation (improved quality, cost, service and compliance)
- Performing liaison work between Strategic Sourcing and key clients, ensuring efficient supply chain methods
- Providing support for sourcing projects, including data analysis and supplier interface
- Facilitating supplier presentations
- Developing and executing eRFIs/eRFQs/eRFPs/eAuctions
- Participating in supplier negotiations
- Performing external market assessment and opportunity analysis
- Developing and managing stakeholder and supplier relationships and contract implementations
- Developing and executing sourcing strategies in alignment with business initiatives and priorities.
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects to completion with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor, focused, articulate and well organized
- Pursuing a degree in engineering, business administration, supply chain logistics, economics or finance with a minimum 3.0 GPA. (cumulative, no rounding)
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student status by arrival date
- Currently pursuing, or recently graduated with, an MBA
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June to January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
- Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Materials Required: In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).