Structural Engineer - Project HireApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10079611 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Feb. 12, 2024
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help encourage that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and build the never-before-seen! Are you ready to join this team and make an impact?
You already know what it means to be a Structural Engineer, but imagine using your skills at a place like Disney! This Imagineer is responsible for providing projects with structural engineering support from the early phases of design up until the end of construction. This includes design, analysis, calculations and specifications for structural steel, concrete, masonry and timber buildings, structures and other miscellaneous items of an individual facility/attraction, area development element, land, or theme park project.
- Be responsible for structural engineering design and calculation tasks.
- Prepare designs and analyses in support of project phase deliverables.
- Ensure technical quality and conformance to department standards and procedures.
- Monitor progress of work and ensure that technical quality, interdisciplinary coordination, and production requirements are maintained.
- Perform construction administrative functions such as reviewing and responding to shop drawings, submittals, and request for information.
- Identify and assist with resolution of structural related issues such as clashes and scope gaps during design and construction phases.
- Peer review of structural systems that interface with main facility structure.
You Will Have
- Registration as a Florida PE or ability to obtain reciprocity.
- Varied structural engineering design and analysis experience in the areas of concrete, steel, and wood structures.
- Proficiency with Revit, Enercalc, RISA, and Navisworks.
- 2 or more years of work experience in structural engineering, including the production and use of contract documents for commercial or industrial projects
- Experienced in theme park attraction design and construction is preferred.
- Active membership in ASCE, AISC or ACI is desirable.
- Graduate of an accredited engineering school with a Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- An advanced degree is preferred
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.