Supervisor, Indirect Tax & Technology (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 752335BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 18, 2020
The Indirect Tax group manages all sales and use and most gross receipts tax compliance for The Walt Disney Company and affiliates in the US and Canada. This group is responsible for implementing and maintaining several indirect tax systems with a heavy focus system automation, data analytics and process improvement. The Indirect Tax group is responsible for managing all indirect tax audits and planning initiatives.
Please note this is a project hire for 6-10 months.
- Serve as a strategic business partner working with segment Financial Systems teams, Shared Services teams, Business Process Managers, and IT to address specific functional or systems issues and requirements that impact sales/use tax compliance.
- Prioritize and oversee a slate of overlapping indirect tax technology projects considering multiple finance and tax initiatives and requirements simultaneously.
- System Sustainment
- Responsible for maintaining system compliance post-go-live, including configuring new tax rules based on business changes or statutory changes (ex: new tax registration requirements, changes in taxability or new business master data elements impacting taxability).
- Includes multiple systems, such as Front-of-House systems, IAP (In-App Provider) systems, Vertex O Series and Vertex Returns.
- New System Projects
- Responsible for project management, documenting system requirements, performing gap analysis between project plan vs. tax requirement, system configuration, testing and communication.
- Must be capable of taking a significant leadership role on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Set appropriate goals and deadlines, managing resource requirements, establishing written project plans, regularly monitoring and communicating project status, and seeing the project through to completion.
- Manage small to large scale technology projects involving multiple business unit partners from an indirect tax perspective.
- Assess and improve the process and data flow related to indirect tax automation initiatives.
- Business Unit Support
- Tracking and responding to various business unit inquiries related to tax system functionality (SAP/Vertex) related queries.
- 2-4 Tax/Systems experience
- SAP experience
- Vertex, Alteryx, Tableau and/or similar ETL tools, SQL, API’s.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems or equivalent
- Master’s Degree – Accounting, Finance, or Similar
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.