Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Supplier Diversity Professional Internship Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 514512BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 01/03/2018
The Walt Disney Company’s Supplier Diversity team believes that including diverse suppliers in our sourcing process provides us the greatest opportunity to develop the most innovative, highest quality, and most cost-effective business solutions. We strive to ensure that our business leaders have a broad understanding of the business case for working with diverse suppliers and the competitive advantage that a robust Supplier Diversity process provides the company. We invite you to be part of the magic!
- In collaboration with key partners, support the conceptual development of business solutions that support the identification of diverse suppliers in the supply chain
- Identify, gather, and analyze complex data sets utilizing a variety of tools in order to provide clear actionable insight to the Supplier Diversity team
- Support the design, build, and implementation of advanced analytical and reporting solutions that will be adopted by executives and partners to drive efficiency and faster decision making
- Enhance reporting process through research and data analysis
- Support the development and communication of Supplier Diversity branding strategy focused on increasing influence throughout The Walt Disney Company
- Provide logistical support to the team focused on enhancing Disney’s reputation in diverse communities through engagement in conferences, summits and other industry events
- Must demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects to completion with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor, focused, articulate and well organized
- Proven knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Strong ability to market and sell new ideas and to influence others
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work with executive leaders to develop business cases that address key issues and trends
- Proven ability to incorporate qualitative and quantitative analyses into presentations and documents for different audiences
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Working knowledge of Ariba
- Pursuing a degree in engineering, business administration, supply chain logistics or finance with a minimum 3.0 GPA. (cumulative, no rounding)
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student status by arrival date
- Currently pursuing, or recently graduated with, an MBA or Graduate degree
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June to January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
- Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Materials Required: In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
- Internship located in Lake Buena Vista, FL.