Supply Chain Technology Internship - Orlando, Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 493656BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 02/09/2018
At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes. WDAT seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
ResponsibilitiesWith The Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) group, this intern will be expected to collaborate with Supply Chain and Logistics team members on capital/expense projects, where the intern will be assigned to a project sub team and be assigned project deliverables or pieces of a deliverable according to their skill set. Possibilities include writing Data Conversion/Migration programs to interfaces etc.
Be a part of a transformative team and culture participating on team projects while learning and experiencing new technologies.
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role...
- Oracle database PL/SQL programming
- Understanding of complex data relationships within and between databases
- Programming skills in any of these area SOA, XML, ProC, HTML, PHP, REST data services
- Experience in Linux and Kornshell
- Ability to work at a detailed level, to manage multiple priorities and tasks in parallel, effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and new technologies
- Ability to follow existing programming and style guidelines to maintain consistent quality of code
- Maintains documentation, procedures and working instructions for the operations team
- Shows initiative in constantly reassessing business needs and makes suggestions that meet those needs proactive
Required EducationJunior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
· Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Must provide full work availability
· Must provide own transportation to/from work
· Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May-August 2018.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of housing is available on first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.