Sustaining Engineer - ControlsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10042358 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Mar. 13, 2023
The Sustaining Engineer - Controls will provide engineering services to support the portfolio of capital improvement projects, ensuring consistency with department strategy, commitments, and goals. This role will be the primary asset owner responsible for sustainment of and the development of strategic plans supporting control and communication systems, the fiber optic network, PLCs and metering.
The candidate will be responsible for identifying needs and developing the capital improvement program and development & maintaining system standards, hardware, software platforms, and programming logic. Additionally, this position will be responsible for documenting and providing technical support to utility personnel.
The Sustaining Engineer - Controls, will be a direct report to the Principal Civil Engineer, RCES Engineering & Programs.
- Implements solutions and performs design and/or programming modifications to utility system equipment including hardware and software modifications to complex electrical and process control systems to improve the safety, reliability and operation of control systems.
- Functions as the in-house expert for existing and future monitoring systems, instrumentation, metering equipment, and data acquisition and/or control systems
- Prepares and reviews equipment specifications and leads teams that evaluate new products and services.
- Champion of rollout of utility automation initiatives including advanced metering system across utility functions
- Develops robust preventative maintenance and asset refurbishment and replacement programs for instruments and control systems and/or components associated with monitoring, control, data acquisition, metering, and other activities associated with utility production and distribution.
- Support the preparation of system or equipment control studies, reports, and standard. This may be self-performed or managing engineering consultants.
You Will Have
- Demonstrated experience in PLC and HMI programming.
- Five (5) years of applicable education or experience in industrial or a related field.
- Proficient in interfacing with 480 V and below power electrical equipment (MCC and motor controls, transformers, VFDs, etc.)
- Proficient at AutoCAD, MS Word and Excel in creating drawings and documents from scratch or site surveys.
- Ability to work in a variety of work environments, including outdoors and in a plant environment.
- Must be available to work outside normal work hours in response to job demand, equipment availability, and system/equipment emergencies as required including in adverse weather events.
- Able to design and develop diagrams, write programs, and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Utility experience
- Familiarity with Modicon PLCs
- Familiarity with Advanced Metering Infrastructure/Systems
- Practical field experience (start-up and commissioning, maintenance, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or comparable discipline
- Master's degree in applicable discipline
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Photo Imaging, LLC., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Photo Imaging, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.