Sustaining Engineer - ElectricalApply NowApply Later Job ID 10042348 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Mar. 14, 2023
The Reedy Creek Energy Services (RCES) Sustaining Engineer - Electrical will provide sustaining engineering services to support all aspects of the District electrical infrastructure providing engineering and technical support of electric utility systems across the Walt Disney World resort.
The candidate will provide engineering services to support the electrical portfolio of capital improvement projects, ensuring consistency with department strategy, commitments, and goals. The Sustaining Engineer - Electrical acts as a point of contact with customers and stakeholders for all subject matter expert related issues and ensures that the internal team and external partners comply with the overall RCES vision for the electrical program.
The candidate will be responsible for identifying needs and developing the capital improvement program as well as performing duties related to requests for service, and development & maintaining system standards and models. The candidate will provide engineering services to multiple projects and assignments with some independence under limited supervision. Additionally, this position will be responsible for documenting distribution systems and design standards and providing technical support to utility personnel.
The Sustaining Engineer - Electrical, will be a direct report to the Principal Civil Engineer, RCES Engineering & Programs.
- Subject matter expert expertise to effectively solve problems related to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of electrical utility systems.
- Provide responses to customer Utility Service Requests.
- Support the preparation of electrical studies, reports, standards, and system models. This may be self-performed or managing engineering consultants.
- Develop and maintain equipment and construction standard details and specifications.
- Provide engineering and technical direction to internal and external partners who are generally leading engineering consultants to produce construction document packages for new development and expansion of utility infrastructure.
- Provide oversight for utility system capital planning addressing system capacity, end-of-life equipment replacement and installation of utility infrastructure systems.
- Act as the operation team’s representative in design reviews for capital utility projects. Conduct field investigations as necessary. Quality assurance and quality control auditing of operations in support of regulatory compliance.
You Will Have
- Experience with one or more of the following: electrical transmission, substation, underground distribution systems, material and equipment (69kV, 5kV or 12kV).
- Five (5) years of applicable education or experience in industrial or a related field.
- Working knowledge of applicable standards and codes applicable to electric utility systems.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- Ability to interpret wiring and schematic drawings.
- Ability to model electrical systems.
- Ability to work in a variety of work environments, including outdoor field locations.
- Ability to work extended hours to support system emergencies and adverse weather events.
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Florida or current registration in another state with the ability to become registered in Florida within six (6) months of employment. Note that registration in Florida is a requirement of employment.
- Knowledge of NERC standards and compliance conditions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction and project management processes and purchasing/contract management.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Master's degree in applicable discipline
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Photo Imaging, LLC., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Photo Imaging, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.