Systems Engineer/Firewall Admin
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 800695BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 08, 2021
Job Summary:Our charter is to provide a world-class product that weaves our culture of safety into the guest experience. To this end, this position requires a unique blend of creativity, technical mastery, collaboration, and a clear understanding of the direction to design solutions to complex problems as a member of Walt Disney World Resort’s Global Engineering & Technology group. The successful candidate will come to the table with a good measure of technical experience, a strong educational background, and an ardent drive for continuous self-improvement. This position is for a control systems engineer or technical specialist who is also proficient in Cybersecurity skills as detailed below. The primary tasks of this position will be to align Cybersecurity solutions with WDW’s existing and incoming control systems.
Responsibilities:• Conduct day-to-day maintenance and administration of host and network firewall solutions.
• Assist in identifying root causes of operational issues, resolves problems and/or recommends short term and long-term mitigation of issues
• Optimize security tool deployments and introduce scalable processes across cyber security capabilities.
• Specify, design and build network security devices and other cyber components into industrial control systems and networks. Troubleshoot, maintain, and document the same.
• Guide technical craft and other engineers through cyber policies.
• Serve as technical liaison to help inform and guide upper management.
• Help translate industry best practices into Disney policies.
• Stay current on industry trends and technological advances.
Basic Qualifications:• 3+ years in a technical role in support of designing, troubleshooting, and maintaining Network Security solutions.
• Practical experience with:
- Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama management platform
- Symantec Endpoint Protection or other host Based firewalls
- Windows Firewall administration/Group Policy firewall management
- Cisco Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Industrial Control Systems, Networks, and Protocols
- Industrial routers/switches/firewalls
• Ability to work individually with minimal supervision and as an integral part of a team.
• Proficient in all forms of communication—especially when conveying technical details to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to efficiently resolve network issues with varying degrees of complexity.
• Strong knowledge of firewall technologies, network architectures, and network protocols.
• Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation of network documentation and diagramming.
• Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings. This includes occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Preferred Qualifications:• Security+, CySA+, CCNA, GSEC, GCED, GICSP, or other relevant mid-level cybersecurity certifications.
• Palo Alto ACE, PCCET, or PCNSA
Required Education• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field OR equivalent work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.