Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Talent Acquisition, Process & Infrastructure Intern, Corp Summ/Fall'19Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 631625BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Who We Are…
How would you like to be part of a Talent Acquisition team that helps chart the future of The Walt Disney Company? Our people are our greatest asset: by helping discover new ways to bring the best talent to the company, you would be helping keep the Disney magic alive for generations to come.
The Talent Acquisition Process & Infrastructure team, is a collaborative team where imagination and original thinking are valued as we strive to provide the best candidate experience and continue to evolve the Talent Acquisition function by keeping an eye on what’s next. There is no better time to be a part of The Walt Disney Company as we embark on unprecedented transformative times like we have never experienced before.
What We Are Looking For…
A Process and Infrastructure Intern interested in contributing to challenging work, providing insight to help shape change within Talent Acquisition, and who has a candidate first mindset when thinking about future state capabilities. We are seeking an individual fueled by curiosity, energized by relationships, motivated to help craft future capabilities, and continually drive improvement that matters.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
At the end of your internship, you can expect to have gained valuable, highly transferrable experience in areas such as project management, using a consultative approach to build relationships, and have witnessed portions of the life-cycle that bring new initiatives to life. And since this team interacts with the entire company, you could have friends and contacts across the Disney enterprise!
Every day as a Process & Infrastructure Intern is different! On any given day, you might:
- Contribute on a project which may include discovery, building requirements, design, testing, training, implementation and finally, transitioning to sustainment;
- Assist with consolidating and communicating project status updates, including key deliverables, measures of success and potential risks;
- Help to create concise, readable documentation for things such as project plans, process maps, reference guides and training materials;
- Attend meetings with global teams across the enterprise to gain information, help push projects forward and share best-practices;
- Help to research and evaluate emerging capabilities and technology, suggest next-steps, then communicate your findings;
- Collaborate with the team and clients to help make decisions by understanding their needs and then finding win-win solutions;
- Attend one of the many learning and networking activities available to our Interns, and;
- Watch a screening of a new show or movie, or visit the Park with your Main Gate Entry pass!
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Ability to liaise with people in a wide variety of HR operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Ability to help manage through conflict, complexity and to problem-solve issues to resolution
- Think analytically to investigate and solve complex problems
- Exposure to Project Management including basic understanding of the project life cycle and the ability to work with competing deadlines
- Knowledge and experience with documenting business processes, creating process maps, and developing training materials
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Passion to seek out and solve inefficiencies to streamline processes
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Exposure to talent acquisition platforms in a Software as a Service environment including: Candidate/Guest Facing platforms, Applicant tracking systems, Talent Pipeline Systems, Human Resources Management Systems, and Integrated Vendor Systems
- Experience working with Smartsheet, JIRA, or other Project Management tools
- Desire to learn and partner with different outside vendors
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Pursuing a degree in Industrial Engineering, Project Management, Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Human Resources Development, Human Resources Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Management Technology, Business Information Systems, or similar
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2020
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Housing: A limited amount of housing is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.