Team Lead-Safety ServicesApply NowApply Later Job ID 852593BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
- You will improve results by guiding the team in the implementation of safety programs, performing job task analysis, analyzing injury and illness trend data, evaluating safety performance, and identifying opportunities to improve safety performance.
- Assign work tasks, provide leadership, gather and combine team input to form recommended action plans and analyze data/trends to guide incident reduction and hazard mitigation.
- This Team Leader is also responsible for improving performance, reviewing source material (rules, codes, laws and standards) and identifying and sharing industry practices.
- Share responsibility with Manager, Safety Services in serving as primary contact with client senior executive.
- Must be knowledgeable of applicable safety standards and able to perform and lead others in resolving complex issues outside of established regulations.
- Maintain relationships and work as part of a team within a matrix environment with all levels of leadership and employees.
- Operations include, but are not limited to, lodging, food and beverage, merchandise, conventions, entertainment/theatrical, warehouse, construction, and production.
- Have experience working individually and leading a team in driving above average incident reduction results achieved through the development and implementation of targeted safety strategies and tactics.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and industry standards and best practices
- Use analytics and identify trends
- Project management experience
- Inspired and inventive professional with the ability to think outside area of expertise
- Operate within uncertainty
- Plan and prioritize according to our needs
- Experience with proper writing, speaking and presenting to all levels
- Resolve conflicts and diffuse difficult situations
- Consultative and influential
- Experience training delivery
- 12 + years of industrial safety experience required in a related field (hospitality, entertainment/theatrical, transportation, maintenance, manufacturing, distribution/warehouse) is favorable
- Basic ergonomic, industrial hygiene or food safety experience
- Experience leading teams
- Bi-lingual language skills are favorable
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- General Knowledge of Occupational Safety, Safety Engineering, and Certifications in Safety are favorable.
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.