Technical Lead (Full-stack, Cloud & Mobile)
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 865361BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 06, 2021
Job Summary:Cast Member and Disney Park Operations (CPO) is seeking a Technical Lead Developer with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to change the way the Walt Disney Company interfaces with its cast members. The Technical Lead applies practical knowledge of technologies and concepts to lead software engineering teams on large projects, providing technical guidance and oversight and acting as a point of escalation and technical expert. As part of the CPO team, you will participate in changing the landscape of employee self-service, through products that dramatically improve the way employee experience. In this role, you will work with an accomplished and supportive team of resources and leadership to create connected experiences that make Disney an employer of choice.
- Owns and leads large development projects and teams where a project comprises multiple components; oversees project teams as required.
- Leads the development of highly innovative, large, software solutions that meet specifications and significantly impact future developments.
- Conceives and sets the design and direction for major software development projects.
- Leads the design of components of major software development projects, developing specifications for each.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization
- Influences the work of team members, other teams, and assigned projects through decisions and actions.
- Serves as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers and leadership, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Acts as a liaison between design, product, development, QA, and sustainment.
- 8+ years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable software systems and components
- 2+ years of project lead experience
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design and Development experience
- 4+ years of Cloud solutions
- Experience designing and developing Server Side applications using Java
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience designing RESTful API's and implementing such APIs within a security framework such as OAuth
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues in mobile applications
- Excellent and deep understanding of design patterns and modern, highly scalable application development
- Flutter/Dart experience
- Experience with Google Cloud SaaS/PaaS solutions
- Experience with Google App Engine in a Java production environment
- Experience with Google Firebase
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of cross platform mobile development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.