Technical Writer (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 849191BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 31, 2021
- Development of new content, based on input from engineering, quality and maintenance teams, revisions and sustainment of existing content
- Entering, configuring and proofing technical content, overseeing workflow, including editing reviews, approval, and final publishing to the SmartTeam repository
- Playing a key role in development and testing of new content in the TechSource system
- 2 years experience in the technical publications field, including a thorough knowledge of technical publications
- 2 years experience in the development of schedules and work plans to accomplish defined goals
- 2 years experience with technical subject research
- 2 year experience in technical documentation dealing with mechanical and/or electrical and electronic systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good interviewing skills
- Ability to handle/prioritize multiple projects and deadlines for self and others
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelors of Science Degree
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.