Already applied?View Dashboard
Technical WriterApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738542BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/14/2020
technical content including, but not limited to, manufacturers requirements, maintenance instructions within manuals, and associated technical content for Disney Parks and Resorts.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please apply today!
The Technical Writer is an individual contributor and reports to the Manager, Worldwide Safety Technical Publications and is a part of a diverse and dynamic team.
ResponsibilitiesOn any given day, as a Technical Writer you might:
- Develop new content, based on input from engineering, quality and maintenance teams, revisions and sustainment of existing content.
- Enter, configure and proof technical content, overseeing workflow, including editing reviews, approval, and final publishing to the SmartTeam repository.
- Playing a key role in development and testing of new content in the TechSource 2 system
- Enjoy the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including movie screenings, deep discounts on things you can really use, and free entry to our Parks using your Gate Pass!
Basic QualificationsHere’s what you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- 1 to 5 years experience in the technical publications field.
Preferred QualificationsIt would be great if you also had experience with:
- At least 2 years experience in the development of schedules and work plans to accomplish defined goals.
- At least 2 years experience with technical subject research
- Bachelor of Science is required.
- Master Degree is desired
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.