Technology Manager - Labor Systems
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 776021BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 13, 2021
Job Summary:As a member of the DPECP Technology team, this Manager role will be responsible for leading the transformation of the Labor Systems portfolio to modernize the technologies used to manage the schedule, time and pay for more than 100,000 Disney Parks Cast Members. This role is pivotal in introducing a better user experience for the Cast Members and will play a significant role in evaluation of off-the-shelf software solutions and designing software solutions for capabilities specific to Disney. Strong technical leadership will critical to lead solution design, estimation, planning and oversight of the technical development being performed by both internal and vendor led teams.
The successful candidate must possess strong leadership skills and technical knowledge that is broad and deep, covering various software and platforms and a strong track record of implementing best-fit technically architected solutions that align to business goals. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments and have experience with delivering highly integrated scalable, resilient and mission critical solutions. This is a highly collaborative role where partnership with many different non-technical lines of business and other technology teams will be critical.
- Lead and mentor multiple cross-functional delivery teams consisting of software engineers, application architects, quality engineers, technical product analysts and others. These teams will be a combination Cast and consultants in various locations (onshore and offshore).
- Ensure multiple concurrent ongoing projects, sustainment and team objectives are resourced effectively to accomplish goals.
- Meet with stakeholders, vendor partners and customers on a recurring basis to review team priorities, execution and pertinent business/delivery updates.
- Responsible for technical analysis, effort estimation, product and system design, evaluating architectural fit and compliance, resource schedules, delivery milestones and overall product quality.
- Display technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, quality assurance, automation, delivery, operations and sustainability of technical solutions.
- Effectively manage project/solution timeline and financials including budget, cost, invoices and contracts.
- Resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
- Manage a variety of diverse – and sometimes conflicting – requests, priorities, and activities. Candidates will need management and communication skills to interact with people at all levels within DPEP and across the Walt Disney Company.
- Ensure team is tightly integrated with key technology and functional partners (Engineering, LOB).
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed.
- Enforce and grow a culture focused on Cast and guest-centricity.
- Champion best practices and strategic thinking in the labor systems and Cast experience.
- 4+ years hands on development experience.
- 5+ years managing highly technical professionals.
- Proven success leading projects consisting of configuring and deploying large-scale off-the-shelf solutions requiring many system-to-system integrations.
- Proven experience managing software development lifecycle platforms and tools.
- Solid understanding of connectivity technologies, web hosting, advanced network protocols, client-server technologies, applications development and multi-vendor environments.
- Experience deploying and integrating with cloud-based solutions (e.g. AWS, Azure, vendor packages)
- Hands on experience with Java and/or .NET.
- Experience with the design, implementation and consumption of SOAP and REST Web Services.
- Experience managing systems requiring PII and PCI compliance processes.
- Experience delivering software solutions using agile concepts – design, development, CI/CD, testing and deployment. Experience as Scrum Master, Agile Coach or Product Owner is desired.
- Experience creating architecture designs that incorporate resiliency and performance.
- Success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on-time and on-budget.
- A comfort level with complex, matrixed organizations containing a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Experience leading teams supporting enterprise-scale solutions from both business and technical perspectives.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with executives, colleagues and partners in several different geographic locations and time zones.
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, committed to quality and capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously.
- Possess mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to all members of the team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with Labor Management systems.
- Experience with big data, machining learning and AI.
- Troubleshooting skills that span systems, network and code.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field/work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.