Technology Sourcing Specialist IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 826574BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 19, 2021
The Sourcing Specialist will be part of a team whose mission is it to successfully execute strategic sourcing engagements and strategic planning activities within the broad scope of spend supported by the Technology Sourcing team. The Sourcing Specialist will be accountable individually, as a team member, and/or as a project leader for a portfolio of projects spanning the full strategic sourcing lifecycle - from planning and strategizing through sourcing and negotiation. The Sourcing Specialist will be expected to leverage cross-functional teams to successfully execute strategic sourcing initiatives that contribute to meeting individual and team operational and financial targets established prior to the start of each year. This position may be interfacing with multiple levels of leadership and contributors across all segments of The Walt Disney Company.
- Deliver value for The Walt Disney Company by effectively and efficiently supporting and sometimes leading cross-functional teams through full life-cycle sourcing projects, including project planning & management, analysis & strategy, supplier evaluation & selection, negotiation, and implementation. Contribute to team goals by effectively and efficiently executing sourcing projects to drive results, and providing ongoing support, as needed, for the stakeholders and suppliers involved in your efforts.
- Nurture stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business requirements and providing sourcing and procurement services, both strategic and tactical, that meet or exceed their expectations. Foster a collaborative environment among stakeholders and with other S&P teams that support them. Maintain strong relationships across various functions (e.g., operations, finance, legal, etc.), demonstrate the value-add of leveraging S&P processes and methods, and support for their adoption.
- Perform team-related and administrative activities including, for example, participating in the Annual Operating Plan process, periodically updating project status reports and ensuring project details are clear and current; entering and maintaining timely, accurate project information in project and savings tracking system, including forecasts; and fulfilling ad hoc requests from S&P leadership and Procurement Operations on a timely basis.
- Three years of relevant experience, which may include, for example: a) sourcing and procurement of goods and services, b) experience in a related discipline with exposure to or experience in sourcing of similar products and services, c) business development experience identifying, analyzing, and building relationships with suppliers of similar products and services, d) management consulting focusing on strategy, operations/supply chain/logistics, and/or technology.
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing/Procurement or Supply Chain Management/Logistics processes
- Ability to execute successfully strategic sourcing engagements that include complicated analysis, strategy development, negotiation and implementation
- Proven ability to build relationships/partnerships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Superior written and verbal communication skills customizable to meet multiple audience needs (e.g., peers, clients, executives and suppliers)
- Ability to work with different communication as well as leadership styles
- Exemplary financial and/or operational modeling and analytical skills and demonstrated critical thinking and strategic thinking capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as participate in cross functional teams
- Ability to conceptualize issues and problems and develop hypotheses around appropriate responses
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate cross-functional teams through a change management initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and professional commitment to excellence
- SAP or other ERP; Microsoft Office
- Five years of relevant experience, which may include, for example: a) sourcing and procurement of goods and services, b) experience in a related discipline with exposure to or experience in sourcing of similar products and services, c) business development experience identifying, analyzing, and building relationships with suppliers of similar products and services, d) management consulting focusing on strategy, operations/supply chain/logistics, and/or technology.
- Experience working at or with a Fortune 100 company
- Experience in Media and Entertainment or Travel and Tourism Industries
- Experience working with a global team on a regular basis
- Experience with Ariba or other eProcurement tools
- Experience with SAP or other ERP
- Deep understanding of and experience with external market analysis, particularly in the technology arena
- Familiarity with IT asset management (ITAM) and IT service management (ITSM) practices, such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Technical and/or market expertise in one or more relevant areas of technology, such as digital content management, application development and/or maintenance, service-based solutions (e.g., Saas, laaS, etc.), global telecommunications, social media platforms, customer relationship management, etc.
- CPM, CIRM, CPIM, chlPS, or similar certifications preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, engineering or business required.
- Graduate degree in business or another quantitative or technical discipline preferred. CPM, CIRM, CPIM, chlPS, or similar certifications preferred.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.