Training Manager (Third Shift), Facilities Operations ServicesApply NowApply Later Job ID 771655BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 13, 2021
You will work with Engineering Services to maintain high training completion percentages and a high level of teamwork and cooperation while managing safety, regulatory compliance, and productivity. This is a modified third shift position overlapping with first shift, provide leadership to a team of safety and training professionals, and will ensure that all training is accurate and up-to-date per regulatory and safety standards.
The Training Manager reports to the Manager, FOS Training and is a part of a diverse and dynamic team.
Responsibilities:You will sustain all Job Plan Law (JPL) and Job Plan Corrective (JPC) qualification requirements per area need and be a liaison with all clientele and partners. This is an important role in driving Disney’s culture of safety and wellness.
- Five years of leadership experience within a technical field
- Experience guiding others while leading with certainty and courage
- Structured business planning
- Metrics-driven and diagnostic
- Electrical and electronic experience or, understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and subassemblies
- Experience managing several projects while under time constraints
- Experience with successful team building and customer service
- Speak in front of large groups
- Partnering, coaching and mentoring skills
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you also had experience with:
- Working knowledge of SAP, MAXIMO, Business Objects and SharePoint systems
- Develop management reports, accurately report information with prompt submission
- Use several office and accounting programs
- Experience in project process, development, and implementation
- Two year technical degree or equivalent experience in the facilities, mechanical and electrical fields is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, or technical field is preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.