Training Services ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 789230BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 04, 2021
- This position is responsible for leading all day-to-day operation and implementation for the all GHRO training delivery for the New Hire learning experience to include:
- On-boarding strategy (salaried/non-salaried)
- systems set-ups, course assessments
- facilitation coordination and any “real-time” content adjustments needs for all course implementations
- offerings throughout GHRO in accordance with client/partner guidelines and business priorities
- Leader is accountable for developing and overseeing a fluid delivery strategy/approach that incorporates adjunct facilitators from across the global organization and within the team, to deliver training globally. Specifically, in the areas of:
- systems/technology, process/procedures
- quality service/culture
- professional/leadership development
- Responsible for developing a train-the-trainer plan to keep “partner facilitators” current with the various learning content and skills needed to deliver materials and content to our GHRO employee base. This effort is in collaboration with the Sr. Manager GHRO Training to ensure the delivered content is current, relevant and allows the organization to remain nimble and forward-focused on driving efficiency and enhancing knowledge and skills.
- Lead content updates/maintenance or revisions to courses to meet the audience–specific needs, by collaborating with the Instructional Designer accordingly. Additionally, responsible for Master Curriculum and learning platform development and sustainment.
- Leading participant learning metrics and survey accountabilities that will provide objective insight and perspective for future curriculum needs or content enhancements/updates. Tracking the learning data through DLearn and assessing participant’s knowledge using survey and Cast-focused measurement are critical to the success of this role.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the training software/computer rooms as well as computer upgrades and enhancements of those training computers.
Basic Qualifications:Technical Skills (40%)
- Ability to learn new tools, techniques and systems.
- Ability to implement and maintain training delivery planning tools (project updates, timelines, training Environments, training materials, TTT logistics/system set-up, etc.).
- Proven facilitation skills with delivering systems training.
- Working knowledge learning tools and resources (i.e. DLearn Admin, Survey systems, tracking software, Blue Jeans / Blue Jean Event, etc.).
- Ability to integrate with multiple partners and business contacts to ensure holistic delivery and implementation.
- Ability to understand and apply client learning and development needs and deliver learning solutions.
- Knowledge with content development in the areas of instructional design utilizing the ADDIE, ASSURE or 4MAT learning model.
- Skilled in advance knowledge of all Microsoft Office Programs, Adobe products such as Captivate and Brain Shark.
- Forward thinking to maintain a competitive edge in our fast-changing environment.
Interpersonal Skills (20%)
- Keep current with latest trends and fundamentals associated with facilitation and delivery, encourage continuous learning and partnerships with both internal and external partners to foster an open and progressive learning environment.
- Ability to build an extensive network of trusted Global partners to collaborate in planning, implementing and delivering training solutions.
- Ability to influence clients and partners to position deliverables in order to increase impact as well as show the added business value of those deliverables.
- Strong organizational skills and effective communication skills between team, partners and clients.
- Active exploration and listening skills as well as flexibility with respect to understanding business needs when delivering learning solutions.
Business Acumen (20%)
- Strong learning and development background and overall operational knowledge for training implementation and delivery with proven network of partners and contacts (i.e. Disney University, GHRO, Content/Curriculum Development partners, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize training survey data, planning efficiencies and day-to-day operational requirements into strategic delivery and sustainment strategies in order to enhance knowledge and skills
- Strong project management skills development for developing and executing training implementation plans inclusive of Master scheduling, tracking, training calendar, etc.
- Collaborate with Global Training partners to ensure consistency of New Hire training implementation.
- Project manages all phases of training delivery and implementation through collaboration with instructional designers, clients, partners, SMEs, and stakeholders as needed.
- Schedule, conduct and lead course debrief sessions with facilitators/Operations partners to gather information related to class flow, content, etc. for continuous improvement.
- Lead all effort for Master tracking of all Global learners and training calendar.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of Instructional Design Methodologies
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to share new and creative ideas
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated strong editing and proofreading skills
- Previous experience in Learning and Development field
- Master’s degree in Instructional Systems Design or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Human Resources or Training and Development
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.