Already applied?View Dashboard
Transformation Manager - Project HireApply Now Apply Later Job ID 726023BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 11/22/2019
The Walt Disney World Business Transformation department is responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing large scale business strategies across a multi-year transformation roadmap. We work with partners across the organization and benchmark best-in-class leaders to continue to drive game-changing opportunities across Walt Disney World.
The Transformation Manager role is for experienced leaders and problem solvers. This individual will drive transformational initiatives as a member of the Business Transformation and Innovation team. The role requires someone who can lead both optimization and transformational efforts, able to navigate the balance of what is needed to integrate process improvement opportunities of the current state with an eye for understanding what large scale change can occur to enable a new, innovative future state that allows groups to better meet organizational goals. This role requires a strong comprehension of the principles of lean six sigma and continual improvement as the individual will need to have the ability to dive deep into processes to understand the current state and pivot seamlessly to identifying ways to advance our businesses.
This individual must be a highly effective communicator and influencer with strong collaboration and problem-solving skills and an ability to successfully facilitate and lead cross-functional teams. This role requires strong project management and change management skills. The individual will need to learn rapidly, enter complex environments with various departments and be able to comprehensively understand and articulate the current state. This role requires individuals conduct extensive discovery and process mapping with teams across site and be able to nimbly enter organizations and identify change.
This position is a full time temporary assignment for an estimated 18 months duration with no guarantee of extension.
- Drive business transformation, process optimization and innovation across Walt Disney World
- Serve in a critical influence and integration role across multiple business units and teams
- Identify opportunities and illustrate changes and advancements to existing business models and processes
- Facilitate innovation and optimization forums to enable a robust pipeline of potential projects
- Lead numerous complex work streams in parallel
- Provide thought leadership and strategic partnership for areas of focus
- Think outside-the-box while being able to drive change and decisions that align multiple stakeholders to streamline processes and enhance efficiencies
- Employ in-depth problem solving to drive both transformation and optimization across the organization; understanding the difference between both and how and when concepts shift between the two
- Communicate, partner and influence executives, management, peers and partners to drive optimization efforts
- Make day-to-day decisions for individual projects
- Lead meetings with partners and project manage work to drive projects
- Actively participate and present work in-flight at various executive meetings
- Maintain progress reports and use project management tools
- Support organizational and cultural change efforts
- Minimum of 10 years of professional and/or leadership experience
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage and drive complex, transformational projects
- Demonstrated experience facilitating work sessions with agility and capable of adapting and adjusting mid-session to ensure objectives are met
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Graphically oriented, able to create visually understandable presentations
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, including the ability to present business information in a group setting with senior executives
- Experience in strategic planning and project management
- Ability to think, react and excel in a rapidly changing environments
- Self-motivated and comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience entering new organizations, teams and divisions and successfully building relationships while driving innovative change
- 5 years of proven work experience managing projects
- Experience leading change initiatives
- Understanding and practical application experience of Lean Six Sigma
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s in Business Transformation, Change Management, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, or Business
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.