Transportation Monorail Maintenance – Monorail System SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 831729BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 07/22/2021
The Monorail System Specialist is responsible for supporting the Walt Disney World Resort Monorail department by performing extensive troubleshooting, repairs, and preventative maintenance on all Monorail onboard wayside electrical and electronic equipment. The field service position may include work from work tractors, bucket trucks, platform trucks, elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
- Monitor, inspect and maintain the Monorail electrical systems
- Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance
- Perform non-routine service calls when necessary
- Work from heights daily with provided fall protection equipment
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Arc Flash gloves
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley Control Logic PLCs, Control Net and Ethernet communication networks (copper and fiber optic), J1939, various I/O devices, and fiber optic network principles
- Experience with microprocessors, programmable controllers, power conversion equipment, relay logic, AD/DC motors, motor starters, variable frequency drives, power distribution and control equipment sensors that may include limit switches, proximity switches, and ultrasonic devices
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting digital and analog circuits to the component level
- Experience working with voltage up to 600vac and 600Vdc
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience performing maintenance and repairs on electronics
- Possess the ability to interpret wiring diagrams, wire lists, single-line control diagram, schematics, and blueprints
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- Ability to cross-function into the mechanical field
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and software configuration
- Two years of practical hands-on experience with Allen Bradley, RSNetwork, Control Net, and Ethernet – copper and fiber optic media
- Ability to interpret ladder logic
- Familiarity with RF equipment
- Experience working with logic analyzers, digital storage scopes, chart recorders, and waveform analyzers
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, WDW Casting, WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs WDW Hourly
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.