Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Travel Agency Sales and Training Support Internship Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 744702BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 29, 2020
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Travel Agency and National Accounts Sales department is responsible for managing the relationships with Disney Retail Travel Trade partners – all Travel Agencies that sell Disney throughout the United States. The organization comprises of Field Sales, National Accounts Sales, Inside Sales and Business Integration teams that work in collaboration with Travel Industry Marketing to assist the Travel Agencies in their efforts to increase their Disney sales and position themselves as a seller of the Disney products. Travel Agency and National Accounts Sales support all Domestic Disney products, Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney and Aulani, A Resort and Spa.
Responsibilities:Be a part of an original team and culture…
- Partner with our Domestic Sales Support teams to provide necessary assistance to streamline operations and improve communication, while working with business and technical teams
- Assist with communicating processes, updating and creating standard operating procedures to support leaders and team members
- Assist with research, analytics, and reporting for ad-hoc projects in support of the Domestic Sales Support teams
- Assist with guest/client experiences by providing exceptional service through various sales communication channels
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Proven experience and strong understanding of sales
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability as a team player
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic and analytical
- Proficiency in Power Point and Excel
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program
- Prior experience with working within team environment
- Proven strength in writing skills
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, as a junior or higher, in an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Hospitality/Tourism Management, Marketing, Training & Development, Sales, Communications, Human Resources or similar majors.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.