Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Travel Agency Sales Internship - Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 635880BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Feb. 06, 2019
Travel Agency Sales Internship - Fall 2019
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Travel Agency Sales provides strategic and tactical sales support for Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney across various domestic travel trade channels. The mission of Travel Agency Sales is to fully leverage the Disney brand and support compelling marketing initiatives for the travel industry that motivate, educate, and inspire our clients and their guests to drive positive sales results.
Responsibilities:Be a part of an original team and culture…
This role is an integral part of Travel Agency Sales focused on supporting Disney’s EarMarked Program with business-to-business as well as business-to-business-to consumer programs. Disney’s EarMarked Program is responsible for increasing the revenue of our top producing travel agencies as well as allocating resources to this select group of accounts. To be successful, candidates must be highly organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to take the lead for select responsibilities.
In particular, the intern will:
- Provide communication support for various aspects of the EarMarked Program through multiple channels, including web site updates
- Provide timely responses to internal partners and external travel agency accounts for e-mail directed to the EarMarked Program Administrator
- Assist Program Manager in the development of program enhancements by becoming well versed in the EarMarked program
- Provide project management oversight and/or support for development of sales tactics
- Assist with development of presentations
- Test uploading of marketing materials into various online systems
- Assist with other projects as necessary
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to this role…
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in variety of software programs including Word, Excel, Power Point
- Background in Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills to solve problems through interaction with individuals and teams
- Strong aptitude for analysis coupled with demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months, from a college/university earning a degree in Business, Marketing, Travel and Tourism, communications or related major
Additional Information:Materials Required:
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.