Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Travel Industry Marketing and Sales Strategy Internship – Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 740499BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 24, 2020
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Sales & Marketing Strategy Intern will be part of the Latin America Consumer & Sales Distribution Marketing Team, focused on Brazil. This team is responsible for the evolution, deployment, and optimization of the trade channels that drive the Latin America business for Walt Disney World.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
- Lead the International Tour Leader Program, including interpreting data to understand trends and preparation needed prior to each major season. Collaborate with a series of internal teams and clients.
- Interpret client results and trends YOY to help identify business opportunities
- Provide strategic input for multi-channel projects (client major initiatives, creative needs with Yellow Shoes, in-country trade-show activation's, etc…)
- Collaborate with internal teams and clients to manage a variety of projects and training's aimed to increase relevance, drive intent to visit Walt Disney World and accelerate conversion to grow the business
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to this role…
- Bilingual with native fluency in Portuguese. Strong understanding of Brazil and Latin America culture and consumer behaviors
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a culturally diverse team environment
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skill
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to multi-task different projects for different managers
- Proven ability to handle information in a confidential manner
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Trilingual, Spanish and Portuguese
- MBA in Marketing or Communications is a plus
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months, in an accredited college/university earning a degree in travel/hospitality management, marketing/sales, International business/business or a related major
Additional Information:Materials Required:
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.