Veterinary TechnicianApply NowApply Later Job ID 10067804 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Nov. 20, 2023
About the Role & Team
As an experienced zoo and aquatic veterinary technician, you will provide veterinary care and laboratory services to the animal populations at Disney and work to ensure the highest quality of clinical support. The technical support you will provide will include Seas with Nemo & Friends, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, and satellite facilities. In this role, you will join our busy, high energy, team-oriented practice.
This position is a part-time position reporting directly to the Practice Manager.
What You Will Do
- Assist veterinarians during medical procedures including set up and use of equipment.
- Set-up, use, and care for equipment and instruments for medical procedures (including but not limited to endoscopy, ECG, ultrasound, dental, laser, as well as video monitoring and recording equipment).
- Monitor and care for patients under anesthesia (including equipment set-up/use, intubation, monitoring, catheter placement, etc.).
- Formulate, prepare and dispense medication as ordered by staff veterinarian.
- Administer treatment to hospitalized animals and other patients.
- Provide intensive and critical care including emergency procedures and triage of patients.
- Collect, handle and process blood and other diagnostic samples from birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and fish. Perform clinical laboratory procedures, including using chemical analyzers, performing manual CBC techniques including differential analysis on all taxa, performing cytology and parasitology, and processing samples to ship to outside labs.
- Perform radiography using DR and CR technology, willing to learn the operation of our CT machines.
- Work with husbandry staff on behavior training of animals for medical procedures.
- Participate in team projects and actively participate in accomplishing goals and initiatives set by the leaders, Animal Health team, and Animals, Science, and Environment leadership
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Certified, Registered, or Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Minimum three years of aquatic and/or zoological facility experience
- Knowledge in day-to-day function and nursing care in a veterinary hospital, with a knowledge base of veterinary nursing
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented, ability to prioritize and adapt in a constantly evolving work environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Access to have reliable personal transportation to allow for movement between worksites throughout the day as needed
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with SharePoint, Workday, ZIMS Zoom and/or Teams
- Graduated from an accredited veterinary technology school. Minimum 2-year program
- Certified as a veterinary technician in at least one state with the ability to become certified in Florida within 1 year
- Bachelor’s Degree
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.