VP HR Operations & Talent AcquisitionApply NowApply Later Job ID 10035179 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Partners Federal Credit Union Date posted Nov. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The VP, HR Operations and Talent Acquisition serves as a strategic partner for Partners Federal Credit Union Talent Strategies group and PFCU client groups. This role collaborates and partners with executives and other senior Talent Strategy leaders to develop and execute holistic HR strategy, aligned with organizational strategy, translating it for Cast Members and driving organizational change in both the Talent Strategies Department and the entire Partners organization. This role is responsible for achieving strong business results through strategic, consultative, collaborative, and transformational thinking and action, cultivating a thriving internal and external talent marketplace, designing and implementing effective HR policies, procedures and practices and manages employee relations issues in a manner that appropriately safeguards risk while resulting in desired outcomes.
- Human Resources Operations
- Build and maintain effective, long-term, trusted client relationships with business unit executives, managing leaders, and their teams to develop and execute people initiatives that effectively communicate and support Keypath’s mission, vision, and strategic initiatives
- Create customized solutions that address the business issues and produce measurable results.
- Serve as a credible and trusted thought partner to senior leadership
- Initiate and drive the design and implementation of new or enhanced HR policies, processes, and programs in order to improve the client’s workforce performance along with the cast members’ workplace experience.
- Establish in-depth understanding of the business and priorities to identify organizational and talent opportunities and recommend potential solutions/ best practices that further drive results and strengthen the culture.
- Collaborate with TS partners to execute TS department strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth.
- Develop strong partnerships with TWDC stakeholders to advance our mission and brand and enable efficiency within the department and broader organization.
- Set, enforce, and evaluate HR policies and procedures and establishing best practices in TA and ER, with long-term needs and continual improvement in mind.
- Serve up key data and insights to inform talent and People pillar decisions.
- Manage and mitigate risk related to Cast matters including ER, LOA, FMLA, Accommodates, etc.
- Talent Acquisition
- Create and execute talent acquisition strategy that leads to build of external and internal talent pipeline.
- Perform candidate sourcing and research activities ensuring an optimal experience for candidates, clients, and talent acquisition partners.
- Assesses various staffing needs to determine methods to address current and future conditions, including recruitment planning, and sourcing opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with PFCU cast members to create pipelines/talent communities for current and future opportunities.
- Network closely within the industry and specialized functional areas to identify the right talent and credit unions to target.
- Identify and articulate the qualifications, strengths, and opportunities of candidates to hiring managers.
- Implement key strategies and partnerships to include, but not limited to professional associations, diversity recruitment conferences, community outreach programs and events, industry networking events and associations, etc.
- Constantly collaborate with recruiting partner; proactively inform on progress of sourcing strategy and recommend shifts as necessary.
- Employee relations
- Design and/or lead the investigative process for internal complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and other high-risk employment issues
- Work closely with TBPs and Managing Leaders to develop and implement investigation plans.
- Interview appropriate witness(es) or guide TBPs to conduct appropriate interviews to gather information about the specific claims.
- Partner with legal representatives and other functional teams to address compliance issues in the workplace (e.g., EEO, wage, and hour, etc.) and to determine action steps based on results.
- Prepare or guide TBPs to prepare written documentation of investigative findings and report out to stakeholders.
- Provide advice and counsel to Talent Business Partners and Managing Leaders in interpreting and applying policies and procedures to resolve issues related to recruitment, compensation, disciplinary action, and conflict resolution.
- Ensure ER database is maintained, up to date and accurate.
- Oversee efforts to work with applicable partners and Cast Members to support the medical accommodation process through coaching, documentation, and applicable follow up.
- Partner with Learning & Development to enhance ER-related training for managing leaders and to provide key learning updates for TBPs.
- Support reduction in workforce efforts by partnering with TBPs and Legal to work through the established process.
- Lead Talent Strategies Cast Members
- Effectively lead Talent Strategies cast members, ensuring optimal performance.
- Develop and coach a team of high-performing TS professionals to create a trusted and valued people service to our leaders and people.
- Complete and communicate Performance Review and Individual Development Plans for direct reports. Manage low performers and rewards top performers.
- Set clear, realistic goals and objectives for direct reports, effectively allocate resources to achieve goals.
- Manage change process including, foreseeing the need for change well in advance of the change event, developing effective and achievable change strategies, providing confident change leadership, making compelling cases regarding the need for change, and directing the change process.
- Conduct regular department meetings and one-on-one meetings with direct reports.
- Proven knowledge of how to conduct internal investigations
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5-10 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Talent Acquisition Strategies and Process
- Proven knowledge of HR practices, policies, and basic employment laws
- Demonstrated strong integration and strategic planning skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential situations, using sound judgement
- Analytical, strategic thinking, and consulting skills
- Entrepreneurial nature, comfortable with ambiguity, and highly adaptable and flexible to diverse perspectives, styles, priorities, and projects
- Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
- Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with TS team and all levels of employees and managing leaders across the organization
- Strong guest service focus, ability to listen for understanding to meet internal clients needs
- Must have the ability to be an authentic thought partner with confidence and courage to push boundaries
- Proven experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without authority” role working as a trusted advisor
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems, make decisions to lead others
- Ability to build, motivate, and lead a highly effective team that meets goals and achieves excellence
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills
- Proven consulting and change management experience
- Accreditations in Human Resources Management - SPHR, SHRM-SCO
- Post Graduate Degree
- Coaching accreditation or certification
About Partners Federal Credit Union:
For more than 50 years, Partners Federal Credit Union has delivered The Partners Difference to our more than 175,000 members, with the highest levels of service, value, access and convenience. Plus, a full array of financial products you’ll find at the biggest banks, including savings, checking, loans, wealth management and the latest in innovative account access. And always with an exclusive connection to The Walt Disney Company that ensures a level of quality unsurpassed in banking. Named one of the 2019 “Best Credit Unions to Work For” by Credit Union Journal, Partners is truly Cast Members serving Cast Members, creating a genuine bond and commitment to service that no other financial institution can match. Join and discover that at Partners, we honor membership for life — because members can confidently rely on us at every stage of it. And because of our connection to The Walt Disney Company, every person who works for Partners is also a Disney Cast Member/employee.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Partners Federal Credit Union.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.