VP, Tech and Digital - Disney Signature Experiences
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 782728BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 07, 2021
Job Summary:As an integral member of the President’s steering committee of the Disney Signature Experiences business (DSE), and directly reporting to the EVP, Digital & Chief Technology Officer of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) group, this role provides Technology and Digital (web, mobile and social) strategy and execution leadership for all DSE businesses (Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures & Expeditions by Disney/NatGeo, Aulani resort in Hawaii & Golden Oak). This executive will have end-to-end responsibility for business relationship management, portfolio management, digital product management and development, application software development, infrastructure engineering and 24x7 technology operations. In addition to being the technology and digital subject matter expert, this is also a business leader fully versed in the opportunities and challenges of the business with a crisp commercial and guest experience focus with an entrepreneurial and growth mind-set.
- Works with the various functional domain executive leaders to develop, prioritize and refine the technology and digital strategy, products and innovations roadmap across the entire DSE business. Responsible for the on-time and on-budget delivery of the roadmaps as well as disruption-free and responsive technology and digital operations.
- For the Disney Cruise Line business, specific responsibilities extend to both shore-side as well as ship-board technology and digital products, capabilities and infrastructure. While supporting the existing ships, this role will also be responsible for the flawless launch of three new ships and a destination island over the next few years as well as supporting new US and international ports and itineraries. In addition to the utility functions (guest self-service, ecommerce etc), the digital (web, social and mobile) capabilities on the ships also include highly immersive, physical and digital converged guest entertainment and experiences using AI and other emerging technologies.
- For the Disney Vacation Club business, specific responsibilities include rapid modernization of systems and infrastructure, digitization and automation of manual processes, innovative use of advanced technologies like AR for better experience for both existing and potential guests, and responsive and proactive support for new global business growth opportunities and business models.
- Enabling the convergence and accelerated growth of the Adventures by Disney and National Geographic businesses using innovative digital capabilities is an emerging high priority for this role.
- Achieving and maintaining world class engineering excellence (including, cloud migration, 100% uptime, cyber security, highly efficient software development and testing, automation and others) will continue to be of critical importance.
- Keeping track of business/financial forecasts, competitive landscape, evolving customer needs, industry best practices, emerging technology innovations and potential risks through strong internal and external relationships, research and proactive thought leadership are a must.
- Recruit, retain and inspire top talent
- A minimum of fifteen years of technology and digital products and capabilities experience, including significant leadership responsibilities.
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership, which embraces diversity. Ability to build and inspire talented teams.
- Ability to establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology and digital executives within TWDC and the ability to operate in matrixed and complex environments.
- Ability to establish clear vision, balance rapid innovation and smart risk-taking with production discipline and safeguarding the brand, able to foresee obstacles and opportunities and generate breakthrough ideas.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- A combination of engineering and business administration education is preferred.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.