Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Merchandise Planning Internship-Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 515631BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 03/07/2018
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Merchandise Development delivers the best entertainment shopping experience in the world by creating magical merchandise memories inspired by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Merchandise Development is responsible for retail environments, the product design and placement of over 30,000 unique merchandise items for the all Walt Disney Parks and Resorts retail locations around the globe. Our teams are recognized as industry leaders in branded lifestyle merchandise innovation and brand synergy.
Franchise Strategy –
- Analyze, validate, plan and execute Franchise Strategy programs
- Review existing assortments and item counts to optimize productivity across programs and divisions
- Provide input on future programs to identify growth opportunities
- Prepare presentations for senior leadership to outline prior program performance and future vision
- Track product development and delivery to provide partners with information to execute vision
- Plan and manage company assets and inventory to drive business opportunities and profit
- Analyze, validate, plan and execute category planning initiatives
- Review assortment plans and SKU count to optimize productivity across programs and divisions
- Support liquidation analysis and strategy implementation
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to partner well within you direct team, as well as other lines of business
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Intense attention to detail
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Willingness to learn new business dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and determine resolution
- Previous customer service experience
- College Program Alumni or previous Disney experience
- Senior or higher (or a recent graduate) earning a degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Math, Merchandise Planning, Industrial Engineering or a related business major
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
Additional InformationThis position also does require you to present a transcript, official or unofficial, to your dashboard.
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)