Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Public Affairs Internship - Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 515617BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/09/2018
This position will provide support to the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Internal Communications, Public Affairs and Line of Business operations partners through the use of video.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit an electronic portfolio. Instructions are listed below under the Additional Information section. Please submit this at the time of application.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life
- Be a part of the solution - Assist in developing and executing plans to support WDP&R Public Affairs projects
- Put your creative skills to work by assisting with producing video shoots and editing content as needed
- Utilize your leadership and partnering skills to assist with execution of video shoots and managing video assets
- Physical demands include continuously holding, carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds of video equipment, frequent walking/standing, and frequent bending/twisting/kneeling
- Must be open to working flexible hours including weekends and evenings
- Desire to work outdoors in extreme heat and/or cold
- Demonstrated proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Mac environment
- Ability to capture video footage and edit as needed
- Demonstrated proficiency with video equipment, including cameras, microphones and lighting.
- Basic knowledge of the Walt Disney World Resort
- Previous internship experience in video production
- Proven self-starter and with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher including grad school (or recent grad) with a degree in Video, Public Affairs, Mixed Use Media, Graphic Arts, Marketing or similar major
- Must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.**
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)