Walt Disney World Cyber Security Intern - Summer/Fall 2020
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 734143BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 12, 2020
|At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.|
This intern will work closely with the Walt Disney World Design and Engineering Cyber Security team to participate in Cyber Security activities, largely around operating system patching, testing and documentation.
Work closely with ride and show control engineers to ensure attraction performance and reliability around PC-based Control systems.
- Work with Cyber Security personnel to generate necessary documentation around attraction security; specifically network diagrams, Theory of Operations and wiring diagrams
- Installation, configuration, testing and patching of Operating Systems on PC-based ride and show control systems
- Support troubleshooting of PC-based software, both back-of-house and in the field
- Support component-level troubleshooting of PC hardware, both back-of-house and in the field
- Provide timely, clear, concise communication to management, team members, and other stake holders about project status
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role:
· Strong understanding of software, computer architecture and Windows operating systems
· Hands on experience with Windows vulnerability patching and tuning tools
· Familiarity with Cyber Security principles, firewalls and security management
· Familiarity with virtualization tools such as VMWARE and endpoint protection tools such as SEP
· Familiarity with Cloud-based concepts and collaboration technologies such as SharePoint
· General PC repair knowledge including diagnosing failed PC components, installing software and hardware
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (esp. Word, Excel, Visio)
· Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions
· Must be a team player with strong written and verbal communications skills
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 - January 2021.
Interns must be available to work full-time hours for the duration of the internship.
Required EducationJunior, Senior or Graduate student studying Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Cyber Security in a Bachelor’s Degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year College or University
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.